Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home/n8f8/public_html/index.php on line 313
1671 W Lowing is on Capt. Bowman's Tithtables. Accomack County, VA. From Here
We feel that Richard and Ruth Bundick moved to Sussex County, Pennsylvania
(DE) in 1680 from Accomack County, Virginia. Richard Bundick, Sr.
is consistently listed in Accomack County with two tithables.
In 1671 Richard is on Capt. Bowman's list. The list starts
with German Gillett, John Stockley, Wm Hickmer, Richd Bundick, John Sturgis,
Wm Marshall, Thomas Lamkin, W. Lowing, Charles Ratcliff, Wm Kennett, Wm
Collins, John Bagwell, James Walker, Henry Williams, and Thomas Bagwell.
Also on the list is Wm Burton, who purchased land from John and Thomas
Jones, and John Prittiman (Prettyman), whose son, John, moved to Sussex
County in the 1690s. Other surnames listed as tithables in
1671 that were later in Sussex County were Cary, Darby, Drumond, Himnan,
Leatherberry, Marriner, Marvel, Nock, Parrimore, Revell, Rickards, and Sheppard. Richard Bundick is not on the 1681 Accomack Co. Tithables list. Further evidence that the Bundicks moved to Sussex County in 1680 is that in 1680 Richard and Ruth sold to John Bames 300 acres, which was the remaining part of Richard's 1664 Patent for 1400 acres on Long Love Branch and Arcadia Creek in Accomack Countyl3 Today Arcadia Creek is listed on maps as Bundick's Creek, and is south of Gargatha, VA. On 3 Jan. 1680/81 Richard Bundick had surveyed 1200 acres of land called "Arcadia". Arcadia was located noit of St. George's Chapel, and bordering on the southside of Loves Creek. Richard also had a case against Cornelius Johnson on "Ffebruary 14th, 1681/3." The Bundick's were in present Sussex County by 28 July 1681 if the Grace Bundock who married Art Johnson van Kirk on that date was the daughter of Richard Bundick. Richard Bundick died between 1 March 1692 & 5 September 1694, and we feel Ruth Gulledge Bundick died by 5 September 1694.
The Conneaut Center Cemetery index came from the Crawford County Historical Society index -- think it tells you on the front of the cemetery listing who did the indexing and when. Sorry, don't have any additional information for you. However, if the deaths are about 1970 or so, some of the information could have come from obituaries. We are trying to keep the indexes up-to-date using the current obits that we run across.
Deeds are available in the Crawford County Courthouse in Meadville. Obits in the old newspapers are available at the Crawford County Historical Society in Meadville.
Names: Conneaut Center or Thayer Cemetery
Location: East side of Twp. Rt. 338, about 0.6 mile south of its intersection with Leg. Rt. 20038 at Conneaut Center. Size: Over 200 marked burials. Condition: Still in use. History: Indexes: 1. Minnie Trapani, "Conneaut Center Cemetery (Thayer Cemetery) Conneaut Township" (ts., n.d.), 5 pp. 2. Eugene F. Throop, "Conneaut Center Cemetery" (ts., 1971 with later additions), 10 pp. Burial records:Crawford County Courthouse Hours: Mon.- Fri. 8:30 am - 4:30 pm 903 Diamond Park Meadville, PA 16335 (814) 333-7300
Here is a related list in Linesville Cemetary :
SURNAME SEX DATE/PLACE OF BIRTH DATE/PLACE OF DEATH FATHER MOTHER SPOUSE Military Service Lowing, Henry Stephen M Sept. 6, 1860 at Napoli, New York March 6, 1937 Rev. Henry Dyer Lowing Nancy Jane Pierce Eva B. Dunbar
Other Links:Kingsville Academy - 1847
ROSTER OF THE 154th NEW YORK, G-OLowing, Henry D. (F&S)--ca. May 30, 1827; Gainesvlle, New York; November 9, 1903; Conneaut, Pennsylvania; Conneaut, Pennsylvania.
Linesville HistoryThe first newspaper venture was made at Linesville in April, 1875, by Britton & McCoy, under the appellation of the Leader. It maintained a flickering existence with brief suspensions under the subsequent management of George W. Baldwin and of R. H. Montgomery, until with a subscription list of 149, it passed into the hands, in September, 1881, of H. D. and F. C. Lowing, the present publishers. Under their charge the Leader, re-christened the Linesville Herald, has met with a large circulation, and proved a valuable property; since September, 1883, it has been issued semi-weekly, Wednesdays and Saturdays. In politics it is Republican. Subsequent to the founding of the Leader the Linesville Gazette was launched into being by Frank McCoy. After a brief existence it was continued by L. L. Luce, under the name of the American Citizen. A few months later its final issue was published.