Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home/n8f8/public_html/index.php on line 313
ORGANIZATION OF OTTAWA COUNTY AND ITS TOWNS
ORGANIZATION OF OTTAWA COUNTY AND ITS TOWNS
BY S. L. LOWING
Fellow Citizens of Ottawa County:
In compliance with the request of your committee to write up that portion of the history of the early settlement of Ottawa county, that came under my knowledge and experience, allow me to say, that my earliest acquaintance with Ottawa County was in the fall of 1836, and the winter and spring following. I was then about eighteen years old, and had left the place of my birth and boyhood in Genesee county, New York, for the purpose of seeking my fortune; and like many others of that day supposed it was to be found in the far west, and with that purpose in view I found my way to Grand River,. by the way of what was then known as the Shiawassee trail. I arrived at Grandville, Kent county, about the 1st of October of that year, where I engaged as a laborer, in a saw mill, then owned by Brown & Britten, but operated by Hiram Jenison as their foreman. At this time the title of the Indians to the land on the south side of the river had been extinguished, and the lands surveyed and put in market at the Ionia land office.
On December 31, 1837, Ottawa county was organized, and five towns, to wit, Grand Haven, Muskegon, Talmadge, Norton and Georgetown. In the meantime the lands on the north side of the river had been surveyed and brought into the market. And owing to the fact that the lands on the south side of the river had been purchased and were held by speculators, the immigration was largely turned to the north side of the river, and settlements were formed rapidly along the river.
In those days local politics ran very high. The highways having a coutroling influence, each man being anxious to secure a well worked and traveled highway to his own door, even to the exclusion of his neighbor, and the office of highway commissioner was as eagerly sought after then as the presidency is at this day, and many roads were partially constructed, large sums expended on them, and afterwards- abandoned as useless and uncalled for.
The boundaries of townships were also a bone of contention along the river. as the river cut in two every surveyed town along its banks, leaving parts of the surveyed town on each side of the river. This interfered with the construction of highways and school districts to such an extent that the legislature was very often called upon to fix the boundaries of the townships, sometimes making the river the boundaries of townships, and sometimes repealing those acts and restoring the township to its surveyed limits. These frequent changes of the boundaries of townships frequently led to contention among the settlers, and sometimes to bad blood and trickery, and sometimes took a ludicrous turn. I will mention an instance: Georgetown, being mostly taken up by speculators, had large sums of money raised for highway purposes, while Talmadge was mostly Government lands, or what was then known as internal improvement lands, upon which no taxes couhl be levied. The settlers were very anxious to handle the highway and school money raised on the non-resident lands of Georgetown, and construct highways on the north side of the river. This could only be done by annexing the two towns and extending the highway district across the river. In 1841 and 1842, petitions and remonstrances were sent to the Legislature to have the river made the dividing line. Talmadge remonstrated, because that would give them three more inhabitants; while they had more than there were offices for, and each man must have an office, and it would cut off all the non-resident lands upon which they could raise money to build roads on the north side of the river.
The legislature granted the prayer of the petitioner, and made the river the dividing line between the townships, but, by a mistake in the newspaper report of the act, Talmadge was alleged to be attached to Georgetown, the town below (now Polkton) retaining the name of Talmadge; the town meeting to be held at Eastmanville. Talmadge outnumbered Georgetown in voters four to one, and they rejoiced in the prospect of handling the money of Georgetown for one year at least. Georgetown voters made efforts to induce Talmadge to remain on their own side, elect their officers, and apply to the legislature the next winter to legalize their acts, promising not to assess them or exercise any jurisdiction on that side of the river. This offer was refused by Talmadge, and a week before the township meeting Talmadge held a caucus, nominated a full set of officers on their side of the river, and rejoiced in the prospect of having everything lovely. In the meantime Georgetown sent to the Secretary of State for a copy of the act, when lo, it appeared that the river was made the dividing line. The next question up was how to retaliate on Talmadge; we were not long in drawing a plan; it was to let Talmadge remain in ignorance of the real facts and let them come up to the east part of Georgetown, the place of holding our election, and detain them there so long as to render it impossible for them to return to Eastmanville in time for them to vote there. In the meantime George M. Barker, who had been set off from Georgetown to Talmadge by the act, to go down to Eastmanville and inform them there and hurry up their township meeting and close the polls before Talmadge voters could arrive. This was successfully accomplished. Talmadge appeared in full force at the place now called Jenisonville and offered their votes; they were challenged of course; this led to long and laborious arguments, which continued until about one o'clock p. ji., at which time it was believed that there was sufficient time before the close of the polls at Eastmanville to induce Talmadge to attempt to get there, but not time enough to reach it in fact; they were then shown the certified copy of the secretary, and they at once saw the plot laid for them, and with one accord left for Eastmanville, some in canoes with the wind strong against them, two men on one horse in some instances, the greater portions on foot with hats and coats off, determined to make the distance of fifteen miles before the polls should close at Eastmanville. This was the most exciting campaign and the closest run for office that Ottawa county ever witnessed. Some few arrived at Eastmanville in time to vote, while others failed to reach there in time; those voting did so without organization, and the campaign was lost to Talmadge. Eastmanville folks took good care to get set off from Talmadge before the next town meeting.
The judiciary branch of the settlement of Ottawa county was not neglected. Four justices of the peace were elected in each township, who each, for himself felt that the entire responsibility rested upon him to see to it that the path of each citizen was made straight, and that he walked therein, and there was more litigation per capita then than there ever has been since, each justice and constable feeling that he was not elected for ornamental purposes only. Many ludicrous scenes in court might be- mentioned, but time and space will not permit. Conspicuous among the elements of litigation was the so-called Church & Dalton mill, at Sand Creek. This proved to be a source of revenue to two old attorneys at Grand Rapids, Moore and Abel, and a vexation to the settlers around; they being few in number, were quite too frequently called from home, as jurors, to decide upon the contentions of the two owners of the mill. This mill was built at Sand Creek about the year 1838 or 1839, by B. Church, a Seventh Day Baptist, who resolved that his property should not labor on Saturday, and James Ualton, a Catholic, who resolved that his property should labor on Saturday, but not on Sunday. This was the first bone of contention between them, but led tomany others. The difficulty was partially compromised after awhile, by an arbitration, in which Amos Robinson was the principal arbitrator. He determined that each man should use the mill the alternate week; but that did not stop the litigation, which continued without abatement until both parties were very much impoverished, and was only terminated by a separation of the parties. Mr. Dalton abandoned his property and went to Chicago, where he has since remained. Both parties having cut their pine, the mill went into disuse, and 'was swept away a few years ago by the flood. Abel and Moore each lost the pearl of great price, and both abandoned the practice of the law soon after.
At the time that Georgetown was organized, in 1840, it embraced four townships, those that are now known as Jamestown, Zeeland. and Hiendon. Jamestown was organized about 1849. Jamestown took its name from three James's—James Skeels, the second supervisor, James Brown, and James M. Conkwright. The land, although mostly located by specu lators, in 1835 was mostly put on the market, and was rapidly settled by emigrants largely from Ohio. The first settler in Blendon was Booth Kinney. who settled on Dec. 12, about the year 1845, now dead. Afterwards a family by the name of Woodruff,—Milton, and Henry,—who settled on the same section. This town settled very slow. Stoors & Wyman built a mill in southeast pnrt of the town somewhere about 1850. The town was organized in 1856. First town meeting held at the house of Booth Kinney. Albert Vredenburg was the first supervisor. Zeeland was set off from Georgetown and attached to Holland, and was after organized, and one D. Young was the first supervisor: this was about 1850. The heads of families of the settlers as early as 1840 are now nearly all dead. Henry Griffin, J. V. Harris, Samuel Hart> Thomas Woodbury, Daniel Rieley, and Mrs. H. Steel are the only survivorswho first settled Talmadge.
Hiram Jenison, Luman and Lucins Jenison, S. Yeomaus, L. Burdsly, Edward F. Bosworth, and Freeman Burton are the only survivors of the residents of Georgetown, in 1840, at the time of its organization. The settler* of that day endured many trials and privations, such as are incidental to a: new country. The western portion of the county, and particularly on the south side nf the river, was regarded valueless for agricultural purposes, and had been a great drawback to the settlers in the eastern part of the county, owing to the malaria rising from low lands, causing much sickness, from which very few, if any, of the older settlers were able to escape. It was not unfrequently the case that whole families were found sick with the ague and burning fever at the same time, and no one able to offer a draught of cold water,—and frequently these families resided many miles from other settlers. The mdsquitoes and fleas were intolerable.
The contrast in the appearance and comforts of this county in 1840 and the present day is very great.
), born February 19, 1961.
CARL C. BOSWORTH (1349), was born January 26, 1889. He attended Grandville High School. He married Anna DeVree (1353), March 12, 1912. His early life was spent as a farmer. Later he was an automobile salesman He moved from the family farm to Grandville in 1924 where he lived until 1946 when he moved to his present home in Georgetown Township. Carl served as a school board member and served several terms as a justice of the peace both in Grandville and Georgetown. Anna died in 1949. They had seven children. He was married to Rose Hansen (2391) in 1953. They live at 9197 Cottonwood Drive in Georgetown Township.
LEE BOSWORTH (1351), was born January 25, 1890. He graduated from Grandville High School. He was married, February 14,1912 to Janet De Hart (1362). They had two children. He was employed for many years as a rate clerk for the Pennsylvania Railroad. Later he was a buyer for the Herpolsheimer Department Store. He and his wife Janet played and managed a dance orchestra that was very popular for dance engagements in western Michigan for many years. He died in June 1929 and was survived by his wife and two children.
- WARREN BOSWORTH (1354), was born December 9, 1912. He graduated from Grandville High School. He married Mina Phillips (2394), January 21, 1939. Warren worked in a supervisory job for the Porter Hadley Company in Grand Rapids, for many years. He graduated from Western Michigan University in 1962 and is now a schoolteacher in Grandville High School. He has served several terms as a school board member. Mina is office secretary for the Jenison Public Schools. They have three sons. Warren passed away December 3, 1985.
- STEPHEN W. BOSWORTH (2395), was born December 4, 1939. He graduated from Grandville High School in 1957 and from Dartmouth College in 1961. He was married to Sandra DePuit (2398), September 1961. Stephen served with the United States Department of State as Vice Consul to Panama
- ANDREW CARL (2399), born July 21, 1962.
ALLISON LEE BOSWORTH (3504), born September 1, 1966.
- BARRY P. BOSWORTH (2396), was born August 14, 1942 and was a student at the University of Michigan. He married Nancy DePuit (3505), August 7,1965.
- BRIAN R. BOSWORTH (2397), born October 8, 1943, was a student at Dartmouth College. Brian married Sally Plamondon (3506), June 12, 1965.
- MICHAEL BRIAN BOSWORTH (3507), born October 19, 1966.
- KRISTINA LYNN BOSWORTH (3508), born November 22, 1968.
- MARGARET (BOSWORTH) JACOBS (1355), was born January 5, 1915. She graduated from Grandville High School and attended Central Michigan College. She married Louis Jacobs (2400), March 16, 1940.
Louis is an accountant employed by the Oliver Company of Battle Creek. Margaret is advertising manager for the Sears Store in Battle Creek. They have two children and live at 265 Hunter, Battle Creek, Michigan. Louis passed away July 23, 1973. Buried in Battle Creek, MI. Margaret passed away March 1989.
- JAMES M. JACOBS (2401), was born November 13, 1943, graduated from Battle Creek High School in 1961 and served in the armed forces.
- LINDA ANNE JACOBS (2402), born May 20, 1949.
- WILLIAM ROBERT BOSWORTH (1356), was born March 20, 1918. He graduated from Grandville High School. He was married to Mary Cronheim (2403), January 13, 1942. William served five years in the Army during World War 11. He served in France with the 100th Division and was discharged from the Army in 1945 with the rank of 1st Lieutenant. He was awarded the Bronze Star and the Purple Heart. After the war, he spent several years homesteading in Alaska. He returned to the States in 1950 and is now superintendent of the Hi-Ram Company in Grand Rapids. William served several years as a member of the Grandville City Commission and is now on the Kent County Board of Supervisors. Bill and Mary have four children and make their home at 3780 Cheyenne Drive, Grandville.
- WILLIAM R. BOSWORTH, JR. (2404), was born March 27, 1943 and was a student at Grand Rapids Junior College. Married Linda Prins (3509), February 10, 1967.
- WILLIAM R. BOSWORTH III (3510), born June 6, 1968.
- SARA CHRISTIN BOSWORTH (3511), born April 6, 1971.
- SUSAN M. (BOSWORTH) BUKREY (2405), born January 1, 1945. Married James Bukrey (3512), June 27, 1970.
- JESSICA MARIE BUKREY (3513), born November 14, 1973.
- BENJAMIN JOSEPH BUKREY (3514), born December 21, 1975.
- JON DANA BOSWORTH (2406), born February 27, 1950. Passed away, age 25, February 3, 1976
- KELLY M. (BOSWORTH) STOKES (2407), born March 11, 1951. Marriage-2 to Michael Stokes (3515), September 23, 1972.
- CASSANDRA MARY STOKES (3516), born February 16, 1971.
- KATE ANNA STOKES (3517), born
December 23, 1974
- JOAN (BOSWORTH) MCCLOW (1357), was born July 24, 1920. She graduated from Grandville High School. She was married to Ray McClow (2408), October 3, 1941. Ray is employed in the construction industry as a welder. He served with the army overseas during World War II. Both are active in local church and community affairs. They live at 4616 36th St. SW, Grandville, but expect to move to a farm home they are remodeling in Georgetown Township. They have five children. Ray passed away December 28, 1989.
- KARIN K. (MC GLOW) ORR (2409), born September 27, 1942 and attended Albion College. She married Vance Orr (3518), March 29, 1965.
- DIERDRE ELLEN ORR (3519), born May 28, 1967.
- DAITLAN ORR (3520), born 1971.
- MAURYA KATHLEEN ORR (3521), born April
- VANCE WOLMUTH ORR (3522), born November 4, 1982.
- LISA M. (MC GLOW) BERRY (2410), born January 15, 1947. Married Chris W. Berry (3523), April 7,1967.
- AARON PATRICK BERRY (3524), born January 13, 1969 in Washington, D.C.
- MICHAEL RAY MC GLOW (2411), born September 27, 1952. Married Carol Albrecht (3525) of Hudsonville on December 16, 1972. Carol born February 12, 1953.
- JILL ELLEN (MC GLOW) BURKE (2412), born September 2, 1953. Married Phillip Burke (3526) of Wyoming, MI on August 26, 1972. Phillip born September 3, 1951.
- AMY LEE (MC GLOW) JUREWICZ (2413), born December 24, 1960. Married Gerald Michael Jurewicz (3527), son of Gerald and Janet Jurewicz, on August 31, 1979. Gerald born April 10, 1959.
- JEREMY JOSEPH JUREWICZ (3528), born September 27, 1980.
- TOBY MICHAEL JUREWICZ (3529), born March 10, 1983.
- FRANKLIN CARL BOSWORTH (1338), was born October 21, 1922. He graduated from Grandville High School and the University of Michigan. He was married to Lorraine Gaunt (2414) in 1941. They have four children. After serving overseas with the Army Air Force Intelligence during World War II, Franklin returned to the University of Michigan and received his M.S. degree in 1947. Since that time he has been employed by the DuPont Corporation. He is now a sales executive for that organization. He was divorced and remarried
- MORRIS A. BOSWORTH (2415), born August 27, 1942, is in the Air Force. He married Alicia Rodriquez (3530), September 17, 1964
- ADRIANNE BOSWORTH (3531), born December 22, 1965.
- BENJAMIN THOMAS BOSWORTH (3532), born January 8, 1968.
- NATHAN ALLAN BOSWORTH (3533), born January 8, 1968
- FRANKLIN C. BOSWORTH, JR. (2416), born May 20, 1947, is
a student at Grandville High School.
- ANNE LORRAINE BOSWORTH (2417), born June 30,1950, is in school at Stone Mountain, Ga.
- BEVERLY CHRISTINE BOSWORTH (2418), born March 22, 1952, is in school at Stone Mountain, Ga.
- CAROL ANN (BOSWORTH) SNYDER (2392), was born January 26,1925. She graduated from Grandville High School and Greenville College. She was married to Arthur Snyder (2419), September 5, 1945. Arthur is a graduate of Grandville High School, Greenville College, Asbury Seminary and received his M.S. degree from the University of Michigan. He served the armed forces during World War II. He is now a science teacher in the Ann Arbor school system. They have four children, and live at 1486 Cedar Bend Drive, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- CLARENCE H. SNYDER (2420), born May 27, 1950.
- TIMOTHY A. SNYDER (2421), born July 24, 1951.
- THOMAS L. SNYDER (2422), born May 26, 1953.
- ELIZABETH A. SNYDER (2423), born August 19, 1957.
- MARY L
EE (BOSWORTH) ROBERTS (2393), was born June 29, 1930. She graduated from Grandville High School and attended the University of Michigan. She was married to Claude Roberts (2424), November 7,1954. They have four children. Before their marriage Mary Lee was engaged in Newspaper work. Claude is a schoolteacher and is now a junior high principal in Royal Oak School system. They live at 609 Hawthorne, Royal Oak, Michigan.
- JENNIFER C. ROBERTS (2425), born October 1, 1955.
- CLAUDIA J. ROBERTS (2426), born August 9, 1957.
- CHRISTOPHER D. ROBERTS (2427), born June 5, 1960.
- JEFFRY ROBERTS (3535), born December 22, 1964.
MARGUERITE BERNICE (BOSWORTH) CORY (1352), was born on the original Bosworth home, June 24, 1893, at Georgetown. She attended Canada Hill School. She married Clyde Cory (1365), June 20,1917, and moved to Hudsonville, where he worked in the B&T Hughes Hardware Store. After the sale of this business, he purchased blueberry farms. She belonged to the Congregational Church, and the Ladies Society, PTA. and the Georgetown Grange. She passed away April 6, 1960, Clyde passed away at age 86 on February 20, 1976 both are buried in Georgetown Cemetery. They had three children.
- JUNE MARGARET (BOSWORTH) STANDER (1363), of 820 Washington Road, Grosse Pointe, Michigan, the eldest child of Lee and Janet Bosworth, was born July 3rd 1913 in Georgetown. She attended Grandville Elementary and High School and Davenport McLaughlin Business College. She married Melbourne Stander (2428) September 22, 1934 at East Congregational Church in Grand Rapids. He is Manager of the Northwestern National Life Insurance. She was Assistant Director of Grosse Pointe children's theater. He was two years in World War II. He is a member of Players, both are members of Fine Arts, belong to Grosse Pointe Memorial Church, Detroit Life Underwriter's Association and Life Agency Managers Association. They had two sons. June of St Clair Shores, aged 69 passed on January 17, 1983. Buried in Georgetown Cemetery.
- DAVID STANDER (2429), was born at Butterworth Hospital in Grand Rapids, Michigan, March 22,1937. He has served six months in the National Guard. He is a writer at Jam Handy. He graduated from Grosse Pointe High School and the University of Michigan. David married July, 1962
- JEFFREY STANDER (2883), born May 1963.
- RICHARD BOSWORTH STANDER (2430), was born November 6, 1947. He sings in a U.S.O. Unit all over Detroit and also makes movies for Jam Handy (This is a Sales Promotional firm).
- LEE BOSWORTH, JR.
(1364) was born July 24, 1921. He graduated from Grandville High School. He was married in 1942 to Dawn Barnum (2431). They have three children. Lee served with the Armed Forces overseas during World War It. He is now employed as a shipping clerk. He inherited musical ability from his parents and also plays in dance bands. The family makes their home at 3389 Vermont, Grandville, Michigan
- SHERIDAN LEE BOSWORTH (2432), born September 22, 1943. Graduated from Grandville High School and is now employed by an office supply company in Grand Rapids. Married Melvina J. Stefon, October 3, 1964.
- ROYAL STEVEN BOSWORTH, born August 24, 1965 Married January 13, 1990 to Shelia J. Fairbairn.
- CHERYL ANN BOSWORTH (2433), born May 23, 1948.
- DAWN MARIE CARROLL (3666), born 1968, died August 17, 1985, buried in Georgetown Cemetery.
- BONNIE JEAN BOSWORTH (2434), born November 2, 1951.
LIZZIE E. BOSWORTH (86), was born December 15, 1853 at Georgetown. She attended Canada Hill School, and became a teacher, in the township schools. She passed away May 27, 1877 at the age of twenty-four. She was unmarried
EDITH F (BOSWORTH) (TULIP) JAYNES (1348), was born February 4,1856. She taught in several schools of the township before her marriage to J.H. Tulip (1368) and their removal to Grand Rapids. They had one son Harry Edward Tulip, She was married a second time to Albert Jaynes (1370), and they were living in Grandville, Michigan at the time of her death, March 21, 1937
- THOMAS NELSON CORY (1366), the oldest child of Marguerite and Clyde Cory was born at Hudsonville, Michigan, March 5, 1920. He attended Hudsonville Public School and Grand Rapids University. He worked as a pharmacist at Hudsonville Drug Store for several years. He was a Medical Corporal in World War II., belongs to the Y.M.C.A. and Congregational Church.
- GENE BOSWORTH CORY (1367) was born at Hudsonville, Michigan, June 15, 1921. He attended Hudsonville Public School, and was a student at Grand Rapids University, at the time of his death October 7, 1940. He is buried in Georgetown Cemetery. He was a member of the Y.M.C.A. and the Congregational Church.
- EILEEN DAWN CORY (2435), was born May 13, 1923, at Hudsonville, Michigan. She attended Grand Rapids Business College, and Hudsonville Schools. She is employed in Grand Rapids, belongs to the Congregational Church and is a director of the Girl Scouts.
WILLIAM BOSWORTH (87), was born August 21, 1859. He attended the Canada Hill School, and after a few years working on the farm, he left for Grand Rapids to live. He married Bessie Sponable (93) of Georgetown, April 11, 1883. He worked for years, at the Morley Bros. Wholesale Hardware Company of Grand Rapids. After he retired he spent many happy days at his sugar bush on the land that was known as Bosworth woods. It is now Hagar Hardwood Forest Park. He had one son.
- HARRY EDWARD TULIP (1369), was born June 27,1881. He attended Madison Ave. School and Central High School in Grand Rapids. He married Ellen G. Wallace (2436) January 14, 1939, at Grand Rapids, Michigan. He worked for forty years for the Oregonian newspaper. He is Past Master of the Masonic Order, was 12 years on the Executive Board of the Oregonian Credit Union, and on the Legislative Board of Railroad Retirement Unit #55. He lives at 5917 N.W. 32nd Ave., Portland 11, Oregon. He has no children.
BERTHA BOSWORTH (2370), twin to Arthur were born January 11, 1861 and died within four days after birth. Buried in the Bauer Road Cemetery.
ARTHUR BOSWORTH (2371), twin to Bertha, was born January 11, 1861 and died within four days after birth. Buried in the Bauer Road Cemetery.
NELLIE (BOSWORTH) SHERIDAN (88), was born in Georgetown, Michigan, December 16,1861. She attended the Canada Hill School and took special normal courses at Grandville, Grand Rapids and Grand Haven. She taught ten years in various schools in the County, the first at Haire's. She married John Sheridan (94) at the Bosworth family home, December 12, 1887, and they moved into the Sheridan family home in Allendale. Two children were born there before they made the next two moves, the last place which became their home for many years, and where all the children grew to maturity. Of their nine children, the last six were twins, Frank and Terence, Beatrice and Berenice, and the last two a boy and a girl who they named after themselves, John and Nellie. John T Sheridan, with the assistance of his family farmed this land for many years. In his later years, he turned the farm over to his son Frank and retired to a farm north of Pearline, where both John and Nellie spent the rest of their lives. John was born at Blith, Ontario Canada, April 12, 1862, and passed away February 20, 1938. Nellie died May 1 1946. Both are buried in the Allendale Cemetery.
- WALLACE CLAY BOSWORTH (1372), was born March 10, 1884, graduated from Central High School in Grand Rapids in 1903 and moved to Chicago where he spent 45 years with the telephone company, including 1 1/2 years with the same company in Korea. He married while in Chicago, had two sons, and is now retired to a farm in Barber, Arkansas. Wallace passed away at age 93 in Alexandria, Arkansas, on October 27, 1977, buried in Grandville, MI.
- WILLIAM JOSEPH BOSWORTH (2437), of DeKalb, Illinois was born July 30, 1911 at Chicago, Illinois. He is graduate of Howe Military School. He is active in the Boy Scouts, and is an actor in the local Summer Stock Co. He married and has two sons
- JOSEPH BOSWORTH (2439), was born March 31, 1940 and in the Airforce
- ROBIN BOSWORTH (2440), was born April 30, 1943 and is midshipman at Annapolis.
- WALLACE CLAY BOSWORTH (2438), was born January 10, 1921 in Chicago. He is a major in the Army Airforce. He is married and has two children.
ABE L. BOSWORTH (89) was born in Georgetown, December 1, 1863. He attended Canada Hill School. He assisted on his father's farm until his marriage to Mattie Whittiers (1406), when they moved to a farm that now adjoins Hager Hardwood Forest Park, where they lived until his death, April 4, 1898, at the age of 35. They had two children, Maude and Frank Bosworth. After his death Mattie married Marvin Young (See Isaac Lowing Family) and moved to Scottville, where Maude and Frank grew to maturity.
- MARY (SHERIDAN) LOWING (14), the oldest child of John and Nellie Sheridan, was born October 6, 1888 in Allendale Township. She attended Blakeney School, Allendale High School and Ferris Institute. She married Roy Holden Lowing (13) October 29, 1913 at the Sheridan Family Home. They lived in Grand Rapids and later moved to the
former home of Roy's father, Otis Lowing, in Georgetown Township. Roy is a farmer. She was Past Matron of the Grandville Chapter of the O.E.S. in 1940-41, and a member of the Past Matron's Club. She was affiliated with the Grandville-Jenison Congregational Church, and an active member of the Georgetown Grange. They have five children: Otis J., Hugh C., Wayne, Boyd J., and Mary Joyce. Their history follows the life of Roy Lowing, under the Holden Lowing family.
- CHARLES SHERIDAN (95), Neilsville, Minnesota, was born at Allendale, Michigan, December 17, 1890. He attended Blakeney School and Allendale High School. Charles as a young man joined his Uncle Charles Sheridan, some cousins and fri
ends and went into northern Minnesota to homestead a section of land. It was wet land, taking hard work to drain it. He built a small cabin and married Olga Swenson (1374), Jan 14, 1914 at Warren, Minnesota. Blanche, their first child, was born there. When they had proved upon the land they returned to Michigan for a couple of years. When they went back they settled at Neilsville. They belong to the Lutheran Church and the Farmer's Union. They have seven children.
- BLANCHE EMOGENE (SHERIDAN) EINARSON (1375), of Goodridge, Minnesota, was born February 22, 1915 at Esplee Township, Marshall Co. She married Harold Curtis Einarson (2444) December 27, 1933 at Neilsville, Minn. He is a farmer and she a housewife. They belong to the Lutheran Church, are members of the Farmer's Union, have hobbies of painting, horseback riding, and big game hunting. They have no children.
- BERENICE (SHERIDAN) HOWLAND (1376), of 702 17th St., North Moorhead, Minnesota, was born August 15,1917 at Flint, Michigan. She married Harley M. Howland (2445), October 12,1939, at Shelly, Minn. He is Supt. Farmer's Union Grain., Terminal Association--Fargo Division. She was a Beauty Operator. They were active members of Our Savior Lutheran Church; Minnesota's Farmer's Union; Elks and Elkette Lodge; ETA. and all school activities. Cub Scouts, and Y Indian Guide Program. He collected rocks and minerals and polished stones from which he made and sold jewelry. She painted in oil, and did artwork for various organizations, including TV. They had two children. Berenice passed March 24, 1987 and was buried in St. Petri Cemetery, Nielsville, Minnesota.
- HARLEY M. HOWLAND, JR (2446)., was born December 8, 1940. He graduated from Brown's Institute of Radio and T.V. He is a radio announcer, plays the guitar and sings and is active in all music groups. Married Carolyn Oke (3539), July 6, 1963.
- DAVID W. HOWLAND (2447), was born April 8,195 1. He plays the piano and sings in the junior choir.
- DORIS JAYNE (SHERIDAN) BRAATEN (1377), of Nielsville, Minnesota was born February 17, 1920 at Goodridge, Minnesota. She married Christopher Braaten (2448) January 14,1939 at Nielsville, Minn. He is a farmer and she is a housewife. They are members of the Church Council, the School Board, and she is member of Ladies Aid. They have one son. Christopher passed away June 23, 1989, buried in Nielsville, MN.
- CHRISTOPHER BRAATEN, JR. (2449), born at Crookston, Minn, December 9, 1940. Married Helen Metzger (3540), November 28, 1964
- PATRICA ANN BRAATEN (3541), born May 27, 1965.
- CHARLES LAMBERT SHERIDAN, JR (1378)., of 125 5th Ave., North Shelby, Montana was born December 31, 1921 at Goodridge, Minn. He married Elizabeth Lorraine Hunking (2548), August 28, 1940 at Neilsville, Minn. He is a member of the U.S. Border Patrol (IMM & NAT). She is a housewife. He was in the U.S. Navy--ARM 3/c Aviation Radio Man. They have four children. Second marriage to Shirley Nelson (3542), October 1964.
- JUDITH KAY (SHERIDAN) KRATTIGER (2459), born March 3, 1942. Married Larry Krattiger (3543), June 17, 1961.
KRATTIGER (3544), born December 12, 1962.
- GERALDINE RAE SHERIDAN (2460), born August 3, 1944.
- JACQUELINE FAYE SHERIDAN (2461), born July 5, 1949.
- CHARLES LAMBERT SHERIDAN (2462), born October 8, 1951.
- GLENN RAY SHERIDAN (2441), of Murdock, Minnesota was born Sept 4, 1925 at Nielsville, Minn. He is a Grain Buyer. He served in the Navy 1942-46 in 3rd and 5th fleets, and again in the U.S. Navy 1951-55 in 1st Marines. Was in Korea in 1951. He married Arlyne Nelson (2463), June 18, 1947. They had four children. They are now divorced. Second marriage to Gertrude Sellner Hacker (3545), June 2, 1963.
- MICHAEL GLENN SHERIDAN (2464), born April 6, 1948.
- JOHN PHILLIP SHERIDAN (2465), born January 12, 1951.
- KATHRYN LOUISE SHERIDAN (2466), born April 19,1955.
- PAUL ELLIOT SHERIDAN (2467), born June 2, 1957.
- LESLIE DUANE SHERIDAN (2442), of Fertile, Minnesota was born January 8, 1928 in Scandia Township, Minnesota He married Virginia Shipstead (2468), February 2,1950 at Crookston, Minn. He is a farmer. He served in the U.S. Navy from 1946 to 1947. They belong to the Lutheran Church. They have three children.
- SHARON MARIE SHERIDAN (2469), born November 30, 1950.
- DUANE ALLAN SHERIDAN (2470), born April 25, 1955.
- LINDA JO ANN SHERIDAN (2471), born September 12, 1960.
- DONALD M. SHERIDAN (2443), of Beltrami, Minnesota was born May 25, 1931 at Crookston, Minnesota. He married Carol Lund (2472), February 15, 1950, at Crookston, Minnesota. He is a farmer. They belong to the Lutheran Church, are members of the V.F.W. and D.A.V. He was a private in U.S. Army and was in the Korean Campaign. They have three children.
- THOMAS DUANE SHERIDAN (2473), born August 22, 1953.
- JAMES ALLEN SHERIDAN (2474), born June 10, 19
- PAMELA JEAN SHERIDAN (3546), born September 25, 1961.
- THOMAS SHERIDAN (96), the third child of Nellie and John Sheridan was born August 16, 1892 in Allendale Township. He attended Blakeney and Allendale Schools and Ferris Institute. As a young man he went to Kansas to work in the harvest fields. While working on a ladder, he fell and broke his back, from which accident he never regained the use of his limbs, and had to spend the rest of his life in bed or a wheel chair. Thomas will always be remembered for the cheerful way he met this affliction. He learned to carve wood, and did some frame work. He amused his family by his violin playing, and his croquet games that he manipulated from his chair. His room was a happy place, full of laughter, and he was an inspiration to anyone fortunate enough to know him. At the time of his death, May 8th 1923, he left a host of friends, who had loved him, because he had smiled and laughed his way through those years.
- FRANK B. SHERIDAN (97), of Avery St., Allendale, Michigan was born December 12, 1893 in Allendale, Township. He attended Blakeney School and Allendale High School. He married Fannye E. Stevens (1379
) November 3, 1921 at Allendale. She was born October 30,1895. He served in World War I in the 505 Air Wing # 1. He is a farmer and at present, the Postmaster at Allendale, Michigan. She is a teacher, holding an A.B. Degree. He is a School Director, Trustee of Allendale Wesleyan Methodist Church. They have five children.
- LOIS ERMA (SHERIDAN) ELLIS (1380), oldest child of Frank and Fannye Sheridan was born October 23, 1923. She attended school at Coopersville High, Michigan State University, Marion College, Indiana; Ed. W. Sparrow Hospital School of Nursing. She is a Wesleyan Methodist Church Member. She was the Student Nurse of the Year for State of Michigan in 1952. She belongs to the American Dietetics Ass'n and American Nurses Ass'n. She was Missionary to Sierra Leone, West Africa with Wesleyan Methodist Church from September 1953 - the time of the writing of the original book. She has a BS degree, Michigan State University-1945. Dietetics Internship - Christ Hospital Cincinnati Ohio, 1946. M Rel Degree Marion College, Marion Indiana, 1950. RN Ed W. Sparrow Hospital, Lansing Michigan, 1953.
- DAVID MALCOLM ELLIS, born June 21, 1956 (stepchild)
- DEBORAH JOY ELLIS, born January 10, 1962 (stepchild)
- ALTON BERNARD SHERIDAN (1381), of 3515 Fairmont Blvd, Cleveland, Ohio, was born January 7,1925 at Allendale Township. He attended Coopersville High School, Calvin College, M.A., and University of Michigan E.D.D., Michigan State. He married Vivian Aylworth (2475), August 5,1950 at Allendale. She was born February 20, 1926. He is Associate Professor, Western Reserve U.N., Cleveland, Ohio. She is a teacher with an A.B. M.A. He belongs to Rotary Club, Methodist Church, and the M.E.A.-N.E.A.-O.E.A. He was in World Was II engineers from November 14, 1944 to 1946. Stayed in the Reserves and is now a Captain in the Engineers, Active Reserves. They have two children.
- DEAN J. SHERIDAN (2476), born Lansing, Michigan, April 2,1953. Married August 8, 1976 to Karen Mell (3548), she was born December 2, 1955.
- SUSAN GAY (SHERIDAN) WHITTEN (2477), born at Vicksburg, Michigan, August 14, 1955. She married Gregor Fogg Whitten (3549) on December 28, 1974, he was born June 13, 1952.
- HAROLD DALE SHERIDAN (1382), of Coopersville, Mich. was born August 19, 1928, at Allendale, Michigan. He attended Coopersville High School, Michigan State, B.S., D.V.M. He was 1st Lieut, Medical Corp U.S. Army. Served July 1953 to August 1955 Overseas France. He married Vera DeYoung (2478), February 15, 1957 at Grand Rapids, Michigan. Vera was born June 25,1931. He is a veterinarian. She is an office worker. He is President of Coopersville Club; President of Michigan Ass'n of Profession Dural Products, Inc.; Trustee and Treasurer of Allendale Methodist Church; President of American Veterinary Association of Coopersville. Michigan, Director of Chamber of Commerce. They have three children.
- KURT DUANE SHERIDAN (2479), born February 19, 1958.
- JILL LYNN SHERIDAN (2480), born August 28, 1968.
- TODD ALAN SHERIDAN (3550), born March 13, 1966.
- DARRELL FRANKLIN SHERIDAN (1383), of Allendale, Michigan was born March 11, 1930 at Allendale, Michigan. He attended school at Coopersville, Michigan, Calvin College, B.S., Michigan State, M.A. He married Shirley Snyder (2481) A
ugust 20, 1955 at Allendale, Michigan. She was born June 20,1932. He is a teacher. She is an office worker. He belongs to M.E.A. and N.E.A. They belong to Allendale Wesleyan Methodist Church. He is Director of Credit Union. They have four children.
- TIMOTHY DALE SHERIDAN (2482), born July 17, 1956.
- FREDA BETH (SHERIDAN) LERMAN (2483), born May 5, 1958. Married July 26, 1980 to Steven Alan Lerman (3551).
- GREGG MARLIN SHERIDAN (2484), born March 11, 1960. Married July 10, 1981 to Amy Jo Alderton (3552) daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Carl Alderton of Dorr, MI.
- LISA MARIE SHERIDAN (2485), born March 11, 1960. Died December 8, 1975.
- SHARON ALMIRA (SHERIDAN) CONELY (1384), of 715 Davis St., Kalamazoo, Michigan was born December 14, 1939 at Allendale, Michigan. She attended Hudsonville High School, Grand Rapids Junior College, received B.S. from Western Michigan University working on M.A. She belongs to the Lambda, Tau Omega Sorority, The Methodist Church, and National Education Association, Michigan Education Association. She married Rex D. Conely (2486) July 8, 1961 at Allendale. He was born December 10, 1935. He is assistant cashier at Bank in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
- ROGER DALE CONELY (3553), born April 9, 1964.
- JAMES SHERIDAN CONELY (3554), born May 18,1967.
- BRUCE THAYER CONELY (3555), born July 8, 1973.
- TERENCE SHERIDAN (98), was born December 12, 1893 at Allendale. He attended Blakeney School and Allendale High School. He married Mabel Blakeney (1385), November 7,1914 at Allendale. He was a plasterer and a farmer, spending most of the time in Allendale and the Conklin Area. His wife was a housewife and after his death, she became a Practical Nurse. He passed away January 26, 1946, and Mabel passed away August 22, 1962 is buried at Allendale. They had ten children.
- LESLIE MAXFIELD SHERIDAN (1386), of Box 21, Eaton Rapids, Michigan was born June 10, 1915 at Allendale. He attended Blakeney School and Allendale High. He married Lucille Barrett (2487), April 21,1935. He is a salesman for the Co-op and she is a Secretary. They have one child.
- THOMAS LESLIE SHERIDAN (2488), born May 26, 1937.
- NORMA (SHERIDAN
) DOANE (1387), of Conklin, Michigan was born September 10, 1916 at Allendale. She attended Blakeney School and Comstock High School. She married Kenneth Doane (2489), October 20, 1936 at Allendale. She is a housewife, and he was employed in Holland. They have three children. Kenneth passed away December 1989.
- KARRIN DOANE (2490), was born May 25, 1938. She is married and lives in Oregon.
- KEAN DOANE (2491), was born October 14, 1942.
- KEVIN DOANE (2492), was born May 2, 1945
- LEON BOSWORTH SHERIDAN (1388), of Conklin was born May 21,1917. He attended the Tuttle School and Ravenna High School. He married Flora F McNitt (2493) April 23, 1943 at Conklin. They both are in the Air Control at Coopersville. He fought in World War II. They have five
- LELAND G. SHERIDAN (2494), born February 29, 1944.
- TERENCE A. SHERIDAN (2495), born July 15, 1945.
- RUTH ANN SHERIDAN (2496), born March 6, 1947.
- CLAUDIA LEE SHERIDAN (2497), born June 23, 1950.
- COLLEEN SUE SHERIDAN (2498), born August 19, 1953.
- CECILE RUTH (SHERIDAN) POWELL (1389), of Rockfor was born December 9, 1918 in Georgetown. She attended Tuttle School and Ravenna High School. She married Gabriel Powell (2499), February 28,1948. She is a housewife and he is a carpenter. They have three children.
- MARY RUTH POWELL (2500), born November 15, 1950.
- PEGGY ANN POWELL (2501), born June 29, 1953.
- NELLIE BELLE POWELL (2502), born July 25, 1958.
- MARLIN JAMES SHERIDAN (1390), of Conklin was born April 30, 1920. He attended the Tuttle School and Ravenna High School. He married Eva Regina Wiltenburg (2503), March 29, 1943 at Conklin. He is a plasterer and is Treasurer of the Township. He fought in WW. II. She is a housewife. They have five children.
- DENNIS JAMES SHERIDAN (2404), born July 7, 1944. Married Carol L. Seaman (3044) of Grand Rapids in 1964.
- NELVA JEAN SHERIDAN (2505), born June 22, 1946.
- MICHAEL MARLIN SHERIDAN (2506), born August 26, 1949.
- DWIGHT JOHN SHERIDAN (2507), born August 25, 1951.
- ANTON TERRENCE SHERIDAN (2508), born March 19, 1955.
- FLORENCE EDITH (SHERIDAN) KREY (1391) of Conklin was born June 19, 1921. She attended Tuttle Grade School, Ravenna High School and Central Michigan College at Mt Pleasant. She married Gilbert Krey (2509) of Conklin, November 11, 1944. He is a farmer and she is a schoolteacher. They have three children.
- DAVID ROBERT KREY (2510), born November 10, 1945.
- TIMOTHY CARL KREY (2511), born June 1, 1949.
- MARIETTA JOYCE KREY (2512), born December 16, 1950.
- ROSEMARY (SHERIDAN) SMITH (1392), living near Manton was born September 8, 1922. She attended Tuttle Grade School and Ravenna High School. She married Elwin Smith (2513) September 8, 1944. She is a housewife and he is a Methodist Minister. They have five children.
- ROSALIE JANE SMITH (2514), born October 25, 1945.
- ARLIE VIRGIL SMITH (2515), born May 23, 1947.
- EUGENE WESLEY SMITH (2516), born November 11, 1948.
- LESLIE ARVID SMITH (2517), born November 24, 1951.
- SARAH ANN SMITH (2518), born February 1, 1958,
- ALTA MAE (SHERIDAN) TINDLE (1393), of 165 Orchard Dr, Sparta, was born April 5, 1924 at Georgetown. She attended Tuttle and Allendale High School. She married Donald Tindle (2519). She is a housewife and
he is a repairman. They have three children.
- STEPHEN TINDLE (2520), born December 30, 1945.
- MELINDA TINDLE (2521), born February 15, 1949.
- BRIAN TINDLE (2522), born January 17, 1954.
- MARY (SHERIDAN) TROYER (1394), was born June 25,1925. She married Glen Troyer (2523), May 23, 1953. She is a nurse at Ferguson's. He is a Minister,(travels).
- HARLEIGH TERENCE SHERIDAN (1395), of Conklin was born August 16, 1926. He married Dorothy Marie Mengel (2524), May 21, 1947. He is a Salesman and she is a housewife. They have four children.
- VALORIE MAE SHERIDAN (2525), born September 9, 1949.
- TERENCE RYAN SHERIDAN (2526), born April 9,1951.
- TARA AILEEN SHERIDAN (2527), born September 4, 1952.
- CECILE ARLEEN SHERIDAN (2528), born December 12, 1957.
- BEATRICE SUSAN (SHERIDAN) PARISH (99), was born November 16, 1896. She attended Blakeney School and Allendale High School. She married Newton W. Parish (1396), June 30, 1919 at Allendale, Michigan. He is the Distribution Clerk of the Post Office at Coopersville. She is a telephone operator. He served the U.S. Airforce in World War I and is now Commander of Coopersville Post 308 American Legion, is a member of AFL-CIO Union Postal Clerks. She is past president of the 5th Dist Am Legion Auxiliary. They have four children. Beatrice passed May 26,1988.
- MORRIS EDMUND PARISH (1397), of Coopersville, Michigan, was born July 18, 1920 at Allendale. He married Frances Ribesky (2529), May 4,1946, at Muskegon, Michigan. He is Postmaster at Coopersville. He has been Commander of Post 308 Am. Legion, belongs to 40-8, is on the board of Ottawa Co. Soldiers and Sailors Relief committee. Also on the Board of Crippled Children Relief. He was in the Naval Air Force, Lt.Jr. Grade. Served three years at Pensacola Base as Instructor. She does secretarial work. They have two children.
- CONSTANCE ANN PARISH (2530), born January 15,1952.
- JEFFREY JOHN PARISH (2531), born June 9,1953.
- LORRAINE E. (PARISH) ROSIN (1398), of Grand Haven was born November 19, 1921 at Allendale, Ottawa Co. She married Herman Rosin (2532) at Coopersville November 30,1939. He is Set-up Superintendent at Grand Haven. He is a Union Member. She is a housewife. They have four children.
- RAYMOND ROY ROSIN (2533), born March 24, 1942.
- RONALD ROGER ROSIN (2534), born March 23, 1943.
- JO ANN ROSIN (2535), born April 24, 1944.
- LORA SUE (ROSIN) (REED) BURNHAM (2536), born August 26, 1945. Married Richard Reed , September 21, 1963. Second marriage to Lyle Burnham (2557) on June 30, 1966. Lyle passed away July 21, 1967
- ROBIN RAE REED (2557), born December 8, 1963.
- GENEVA MARIE (PARISH) BARBRICK (1399), of Coopersville was born January 18, 1925 at Coopersville, Michigan. She
attended Coopersville Schools and married Philip Barbrick. (2537) He is Assistant Post Master at CoopersviIle. He was a Bomber Pilot in the Air Force, and made 40 missions or more over Europe in WW II. He is a member of Raymond Rankin Unit 308 American Legion at Coopersville, and was Commander of the Post. He is a member of the AFL-CIO union. She is a housewife. They have nine children. Philip passed on June 24,1983 and was buried in the Allendale Cemetery.
- LINDA FRANCIS BARBRICK (2538), born September 28, 1943. She is taking nurses training.
- PHILIP CRAIG BARBRICK (2539), born May 7, 1945.
- ROGER ALLYN BARBRICK (2540), born October 23, 1946.
- RONALD MERLE BARBRICK (2541), born December 4,1947.
- PAMELA KAY BARBRICK (2542), born January 29, 1949.
- DAVID ROSS BARBRICK (2543), born February 4, 1951.
- CAROL JEAN BARBRICK (2544), born July 20, 1952.
- SHERRIN GAYLE BARBRICK (2545), born November 11, 1953.
- MARK STEVEN BARBARICK (2546), born December 17, 1954.
- MERLYN J. PARISH (1400), of Chicago, Illinois was born June 12, 1933, at Coopersville, Michigan. He attended school in Coopersville, Michigan. He was in the Korean Conflict in the Signal Corps. Was overseas 15 months. He is a member of Raymond Rankin Post 308 of Coopersville.
- BERENICE J. (SHERIDAN) PARISH (100), was born November 16, 1896, in Allendale Township. She attended Blakeney School and Allendale High School. She married Erwin Parish (1401), April 16,1919 at Allendale. They moved to a farm in Coopersville, where they do a truck garden business in summer and spend the winters in Florida. Berenice had many of the thoughtful traits of her Grand mother, Mary Lowing Bosworth, and will long be remembered for her nursing, and her kindness that she gave to her family and neighbors in time of need. She died December 24, 1951 and is buried in Allendale Cemetery. They had three children.
- MARIANN (PARISH) BAILEY (1402) was born at Allendale, December 28, 1922. She is an IBM operator. She married Robert Bailey (2547) in Cook County, Illinois. He is an electrical engineer. He was in W.W.II. They live at 10524 Rowland Ave., Tacoma 99, Washington. They have no children.
- BERNICE ARLENE (PARISH) FRAZIER (1403), of Coopersville, was
born December 28, 1922. She attended Coopersville High School and Hunter College, New York. She joined the Marine Corp in W.W.II where she met and married Woodrow Frazier (2548), April 22, 1944. They are members of the Methodist Church and American Legion at Coopersville. They are both in the Decorating Business, owning a paint supply store. They have three children.
- JANET ELLER FRAZIER (2549), born May 4, 1945.
- LON WELLS FRAZIER (2550), born April 25, 1949.
- ROBERT ALLEN FRAZIER (2551), born March 1951.
- BEATRICE ARLOA PARISH (1404), the twin sister of Berenice Arlene was born December 28, 1922. She died January 18, 1923.
- JOHN T. SHERIDAN, (101) was born in Allendale, September 22, 1901. He married Edna Reister (2552)
, April 11, 1925 at the Lutheran Parsonage in Blendon Township. John became a plastering contractor, and his wife Edna taught school for many years in Allendale Township. They have four children. John passed away September 21,1963, buried in Allendale Cemetery. Edna Reister Sheridan Behrens, passed away January 13, 1976
- DONALD EUGENE SHERIDAN (2553), was born January 10, 1926 in Allendale, Michigan. He served in World War 11 as a U.S. Navy Signalman 3rd Class. He married Ione Johnson (2557) in Blendon Twp., May 27,1949. He is employed at the office at Reynolds Metal. They live in Zeeland, Michigan. They have three children
- LARRY EUGENE SHERIDAN (2558), born April 20, 1951.
- BETH MARIE SHERIDAN (2559), born January 30, 1955.
- MARY JO SHERIDAN (2560), born May 5, 1959.
- ROBERT DUANE SHERIDAN (2554), was born July 11, 1927, at Allendale, Michigan. He served in the Merchant Marines 1945-1946 and in the 11th Airborne Division of the Army 1946-1948. He is now a Rural Mail Carrier. He married Betty E. Barding (2561), November 25, 1950 at Holland, Michigan. She is a beautician and housewife. They have four children. They live at 6246 Warner SL, Allendale, Michigan.
- TERRI LYNN SHERIDAN (2562), born August 12, 1951.
- KATHI RAE SHERIDAN (2563), born June 5, 1954.
- JEFFREY ROBERT SHERIDAN (2564), born August 29, 1958. Married to Jane Marie Danenberg (3561), daughter of Mr. & Mrs. James R Danenberg, on May 26, 1978.
- KRISTI KAE SHERIDAN (2565), born August 26, 1959.
- JOHN EVERETT SHERIDAN (3560), born February 16, 1962.
- DONNA JEAN (SHERIDAN) LAUG (2555), was born July 4, 1929 at Allendale, Michigan. She became a teacher. She married Melborne Laug (2566), April 14, 1951 at Holland, Michigan. He served in the U.S. Navy four years during the Korean War. He is now a salesman for Standard Oil. They have two children.
- LINDA LOU LAUG (3567), born April 23, 1955.
- KURTIS ALAN LAUG (3568), born February 25, 1960.
- SHIRLEY EDNA (SHERIDAN) RALYA (2556), was born August 8, 1934 at Allendale, Michigan. After graduation she became a saleslady. She married Earl Ralya (2569), August 15, 1952 at Allendale, Michigan. He is a car salesman. They live at Grand Haven, RR 2. They have four children
- MARK WILLIAM RALYA (2570), born July 9, 1953.
- CYNTHIA JO RALYA (2571), born March 3, 1955.
- SANDRA KAY RALYA (2572), born March 1, 1956.
- TIM GLEN RALYA (2573), born December 19, 1959.
- NELLIE E. (SHERIDAN) SHOEMAKER (1373), of 506 Maumee, Jonesville, Michigan was born at Allendale, Michigan, September 22, 1901. She attended Blakeney Allendale and Grandville Schools, Western State University and for several years taught school. She married Wayne N. Shoemaker (3574), September 1, 1923 at Allendale, Michigan. He was a School Superintendent, she a housewife. Th
ey attended the Methodist Church, belonged to Culture Club, Local and National PTA. and she is a member of the Eastern Star of the O.E.S. They have four children. Wayne died October 20, 1987 and was buried in the Grandville Cemetery.
- ROGER ALAN SHOEMAKER (2575), of Schoolcraft, Michigan was born August 25, 1927, at Coopersville. He is a Probation Officer in Kalamazoo County. He was in the U.S. Navy Air Force 1945-46. He married Dorothy Smith Thornton (2579), May 31, 1952 at Kalamazoo. They have three children.
- LOU ANN THORNTON (2580), born November 1950.
- LINDA GAIL SHOEMAKER (2581), born January 24, 1953.
- HOLLY LEIGH SHOEMAKER (2582), born December 18, 1956.
- PHILLIP C. SHOEMAKER (2576), of 3361 Golden Ave., San Bernardino, California was born May 28, 1930 at Coopersville, Michigan. He married S. Fern Stafford (2583), April 14, 1951 at Riverside, California. He was in the U.S. Air Force, July 1948 O.T.C., graduated in June 1953. Discharged August 1953. He is Supervisor of the Californian Bell Telephone Co. They have four children.
- TERRY LYNN SHOEMAKER (2584), born January 25, 1952
- GREGORY WAYNE SHOEMAKER (2585), born April 2, 1954.
- JEFFRY SHOEMAKER (2586), born October 13, 1957.
- DAVID CRAIG SHOEMAKER (3045), born November 17, 1962.
- SUZANNE (SHOEMAKER) DONNELY (2577), of 1840 Cordova, Pomona, California, Apt 1 was born at Coopersville, July 17, 1937. She attended Michigan State University and graduated 1959. She is now a Business Education Instructor. She married Jack Donnely, December 1961.
- DAVID CLAY SHOEMAKER (2578), youngest son of Nellie and Wayne Shoemaker was born January 9, 1944 at Coopersville, Michigan. He graduated from Jonesville High School in 1961
GERTRUDE (BOSWORTH) GILLETT (90), the youngest child of Mary Lowing Bosworth and E. Franklin Bosworth was born at Georgetown, Ma
rch 30, 1866. She attended the Canada Hill School, Grandville, and a Normal School at Grand Rapids. She taught Blendon, West Olive, and a School in Walker Township that was predominantly Catholic. She was married to Elmer Gillett (1408), October 16, 1887 at the family home. They moved to the farm home southeast of Bauer, which he farmed for many years and where all the children were born. In 1922, he retired from the farm and moved to Hudsonville. After his death February 24, 1929, she gave up the village home and spent her remaining years living with her children. She died at the home of her daughter, Mrs. Ford Leatherman, January 11, 1949. Both are buried in Georgetown Cemetery. They had 10 children.
- MAUDE EDYTHE (BOSWORTH) BLETH
(1405), was born November 26, 1892 at Georgetown, Michigan. She attended Scottville High School and Kalamazoo College, where she received a B.A. in 1918. She taught school and was a High School Principal. She married Peter F Bleth (2587), December 18, 1925 at Ishpeming, Michigan. He was a railroad conductor, and they reside at Great Falls, Montana. They have one child.
- GORDON RALPH BLETH (2588), was born August 27 at Great Falls, Montana. He attended Great Falls Schools, the College of Education of Great Falls, Pomona College at Claremont, Calif. He was in the Navy from June 1945 to July 1946. He is a printer and is not married.
- EDWARD FRANKLIN BOSWORTH (1407), was born February 4, 1895 at Georgetown. He attended East Riverton School, and Ludington Business College. He was a farmer and merchant He married
Olive Catherine Cory (2589), January 31, 1917 at Custer, Mason Co., Michigan. He passed away January 30,1960 and is buried in Brookside Cemetery. They had three children.
- LOIS EVELYN (BOSWORTH) BOCKSTANZ (2590), of 1319 Applecroft Ave., Kalamazoo, Michigan, was born March 22,1918 in Mason Co. She attended Scottville Schools. She married Louis Bockstanz (2593), August 14, 1938 at Scottville. He is City Editor of the Kalamazoo Gazette, and she is Secretary at Portage School. They are active in the Methodist Church and School activities. They have three children.
- DOUGLAS LEE BOCKSTANZ (2594), born July 4, 1941.
- DAV ID LOUIS BOCKSTANZ (2595), born October 17, 1942.
- DELYNNE KAY BOCKSTANZ (2596), born June 30, 1945.
- CAROL THELMA (BOSWORTH) BOCKSTANZ (2591), of 23115 Olmstead St., Dearborn, Michigan was born December 25, 1919 at Mason Co. She attended Scottville Schools, and became a nurse at Bronson Hospital. She married Glenn Bockstanz (2597), January 1, 1942, at Scottville. He is a teacher of Industrial Arts at Dearborn. They attend the Methodist Church and all school activities. They have three children.
- BRADFORD JAY BOCKSTANZ (2598), born March 5,1951.
- FRANKLIN LOUIS BOCKSTANZ (2599), born May 4, 1953.
- DREW ALAN BOCKSTANZ (2600), born December 9, 1959.
- ELDONNA (BOSWORTH) FERRIS (2592), 210 E. State S., Scottville, Michigan, was born March 5, 1922 in Mason Co. She attended Scottville Schools and married Marion Russell Ferris (2601), January 1, 1942 at Scottville. He is cashier at Scottville State Savings Bank, and she clerks and is a housewife. They attend Methodist Church and all school activities. They have three children. Marion Russell passed away August 19, 1964. Eldonna remarried Donald Adams, June 24, 1967.
- SUSAN BETH FERRIS (2602), born August 9, 1944.
- BRIAN RUSSELL FERRIS (2603), born September 10, 1949.
- JILL LOUISE FERRIS (2604), born May 29, 1951.
- FRANK M. GILLETT (1409), the oldest son of Gertrude and Elmer Gillett was born in Georgetown Township, September 13, 1 33. He attended Canada Hill School and Grandville High School. He married Mabel Ide of Grandville in 1910. He was a motorman, and a mover of houses, and household goods. He lived in Grand Rapids for years. He
died November 18, 1955, and is buried in Georgetown Cemetery. He had four children.
- RAULIN E. GILLETT (1420), the oldest son of Frank and Mabel Gillett was born December 29, 1910 at Grandville, Michigan. He attended Union High School in Grand Rapids, Junior College at Grand Rapids and Olivet Nazarene College, Kankakee, Illinois. He married Dorothy E. Brown, May 18, 1934. They live at 5810 Woodheath Dr., Fort Wayne, Ind. He does construction work, is an Elder in Nazarene Church, does work as a Pastor, working to found churches. He taught in High Schools and Colleges. His wife cooks in the school cafeteria. They have six children.
- DELORES MAY (GILLETT) SCHULTZ (2606), born April 2, 1936. She attended Ridgeville High School, Ind. She married Neil Schultz (2607), January 1956. He works for the Case Tractor Proving Dept. They are members of Kendallville, Ind. Church of Nazarene. He was in the Army of Occupation in Germany. They have four children.
- DAVID LEE SCHULTZ, born 1956.
- CHERYL LINN SCHULTZ, born 1958.
- MARK ALLEN SCHULTZ, born 1960.
- DOUGLAS SCHULTZ, born April 26, 1963
- DAVID FRANK GILLETT (2608), was born April 11, 1938, at Olivet, Illinois. He attended Kendallville High School, Ind. and Olivet Nazarene College, Kankakee, Illinois. He married Judy DuGuid (2616), September 1960. He is an IBM operator and she is a secretary in Central Soya. He is active in Nazarene Church at Fort Wayne. They live at 3501 Webster St., Fort Wayne, Ind.
- STEVE GILLETT, born May 2, 1961
- GAYLE GILLETT, born October 3, 1964.
- MARIE M. (GILLETT) MOUNSEY (2609), was born March 28, 1940 at Grandville, Michigan. She attended Montpelier High School, Ind. She married Thomas Mounsey (2617), May 1958 at Montpelier, Ind. He works for General Motors, at Marion, Ind. She is with the Rubber Co., Montpelier, Ind. They are active in Young Peoples work in the church. They have one child.
- LINDA MARIE MOUNSEY (2618), born December 1958.
- GREG MOUNSEY, born February 1962
- MARIAM (GILLETT) GOODHEW (2610), is the twin sister of Marie, and was born at Grandville, Michigan, March 28, 1940. She attended Montpelier High School, Ind. She married Robert E. Goodhew, February 1959, and they live at 616 N. Martha St., Angola, Ind. He is in the office of a Mold Co., at Fremont, Indiana. They are members of Angola Nazarene Church. They have two children. He served in the Marines in Japan.
- JUDY ANN GOODHEW (2620), born in 1959 at Winchester, Ind.
- JAMES ROBERT GOODHEW (2621), born in 1960 at Angol
- JANICE GOODHEW, born November 7, 1965.
- ALICE F (GILLETT) ZUERCHER (2611), was born at Geneva, Ind. Jan 11, 1943. Married Herbert Zuercher in Olivet, Illinois.
- KIRK ZUERCHER, born April 30, 1968
- DOROTHY RAULINE GILLETT (2612), was born August 29, 1950, Decatur, Ind.
- RAYMOND GILLETT (1421), the second child of Frank and Mabel Ide Gillett, was born July 29, 1913 at Grand Rapids, Mich. He attended Union High School, he married Geraldine Cuson, March 21,1936 at Grand Rapids. He
is a machinist at Jarecki Corp. They live at 2122 Edgewood NE, Grand Rapids. They have one child
- RYAN GILLETT (2623), was born November 27,1936 at Grand Rapids. He graduated from High School He married Barbara June VanDerMeer, January 25, 1958. He works for Country Fresh Dairy. He was in the U.S. Navy for 3 years. They have four children. They live at 1450 50th St. SW, Grandville.
- MICHAEL EDWARD GILLETT (2625), born March 9, 1960.
- MARK GILLETT, born February 9, 1962.
- CHERYL GILLETT, born October 8, 1965.
- MICHELLE GILLETT, born October 8,1967
- ELSIE (GILLETT) EVANS (1422), born November 26, 1914, at Grand Rapids, Michigan. She attended Union High School. She married Earl D. Evans (2626), July 8, 1933 at Grand Rapids, Michigan. He is a welder at Kelvinator, and she is employed by Hekman Biscuit Co. They belong to the Nazarene Church. They have one son
- FRED EVANS (2627), born June 23, 1937, at Grand Rapids, Michigan. He graduated from Kelloggsville High School. He married Bonnie Goorhouse (2628), August 25,1958. They have two children.
- ROBIN LYNN EVANS (2629), born April 25, 1960.
- FREDERICK EVANS, born March 30, 1964.
- DORIS (GILLETT) (CLAUSON) BREASE (1423), the fourth child of Frank and Mabel Ide Gillett was born May 18, 1916 at Grand Rapids. She attended Union High School. She married Robert Clauson (2630), December 5, 1936, at Grand Rapids, Mich. They had one child, Roma Clauson. They were divorced in 1940, and she married Phillip Brease (2633), April 4, 1941. He is a Mail Carrier. They live at 2848 Byron Center Rd. SW Grand Rapids, Michigan. They have one child.
- ROMA (CLAUSON) (VAN ALLER) HARRIS (2631), was born August 21, 1937. She was married to LeRoy Van Aller (2632), February 3, 1954 at Grand Rapids. They live at 2108 Wyoming Ave. SW, Grand Rapids, Michigan. They have three children. Second marriage to Sidney Harris, 1961.
- CHERYL LEE VAN ALLER (2625), born October 4, 1954.
- KATHLEEN KAY VAN ALLER (2626), born January 20, 1956.
- BRIAN LEE VAN ALLER (2637), born May 12, 1957.
- CARL HARRIS, born September 2
- JAMES HARRIS, born October 29, 1966.
- PAUL HARRIS, born October 29, 1966.
- PHILLIP BREASE, JR (2634)., was born February 15, 1949. Married Anna Halben, 1970
- FORREST L. GILLETT (1410), the second child of Gertrude and Elmer Gillett was born April 9, 1890 at Georgetown, Mich. He attended Canada Hill School. He married Adeline Bachman (1424), March 19, 1912. He worked for the Pere Marquette and later the C&O Railway at the Freight office. He is now retired. She is a housewife and caters for church dinners. They have eight children. They lived at 1206 40th St SW, Grand Rapids. Forrest passed away at age 82, December 18, 1972. Adeline passed away June 30, 1976.
- LUCILLE E. (GILLETT) HARKER (1425), was born F
ebruary 17, 1914, at Grand Rapids, Mich. She attended Godfrey-Lee School. She married Fred Harker (2638), July 17,1933, at Grand Rapids. He is a Metal Rep. of Kelvinator of Grand Rapids. They attend Grandville-Jenison Congregational Church. They have two children. Fred passed away at age 62 on March 12, 1974. Buried Rosedale Memorial Park.
- BONNIE LOU (HARKER) CANE (2639), was born February 13, 1936 at Grand Rapids, Mich. She is a graduate of Grandville High School. She married Robert Cane (2641), October 25, 1957 at Grandville. Attend Grandville-Jenison Congregational Church. They have three children.
- SCOTT RANDALL GAME (2642), born January 17, 1960.
- LAURA LYNN CANE (2643), born July 10, 1961.
- LISA RENEE CANE (3578), born April 25, 1966.
- MARCIA LYNN (HARKER) (VAN KAMPEN) TIFT (2640), born June 1944. Marcia married Floyd VanKampen (2644) after attending Grandville High School. They have three children. Remarried Dec 3, 1983 to Richard Tift (3579).
- KATHY LOU VAN KAMPEN (2645), born January 13, 1962. Husband (3582)
- KELLY CARRIER (3583), born April 24, 1987.
- ERIN ELIZABETH CARRIER (3584), born Dec 28, 1990.
- MICHAEL WILLIAM VAN KAMPEN (3580), born May 5, 1963. Married March 21, 1987. Spouse (3585)
- BRIAN WILLIAM VAN KAMPEN (3586), born Oct 21, 1989.
- JEFFERY VAN KAMPEN (3581), born December 1, 1966. Passed away August 29, 1988.
- HAROLD GILLETT (1426), of 4665 Alpine NW, Comstock, Grand Rapids, was born January 6, 1917 at Jenison, Mich. He attended Lee High School and took wood carving at Davis Tech He married Lavonne Wellman (2646), October 1, 1940, at Grand Rapids, Mich. They attend Baptist Church He is a woodcarver at a Furniture Factory. They have four children.
- GLORIA (GILLETT) DE JONGE (2647), born April 23, 1946. Married Richard Dejonge (3587).
- JULIA DE JONGE (3588), born January 20, 1969.
- JANELL DE JONGE (3589), born January 20, 1969.
- MARK GILLETT (2648), born December 25, 1947.
- GARY DALE GILLETT (2649), born April 21, 1949.
- FAITH JOYCE GILLETT (2650), born August 7, 1955.
- BERTIELE (GILLETT) LAWTON (1427), of 1630 36th St SW, Grand Rapids, was born December 30, 1918, at Georgetown. She graduated from Lee High School. She married Robert Lawton (2651), February 24,1939, at Grand Rapids, Mich. He is an electrician at Doehler-Jarvis. They attend the United Brethren Church. They have four children.
- SALLY (LAWTON) MALLOY (2652), born June 5, 1940. Married Patrick Malloy (3590), August 4,1962.
- DEBRAH ANNE MALLOY ((3591), born November 11, 1963.
- LINDA KAY (MALLOY) SMITH (3592), born January 20, 1966. Married May 6, 1990 to Andrew Smith (3594)
- SANDRA (MALLOY) MELCHAR (3593), born March 3,1967. Married February 14, 1987 to Larry Melchar (3595).
- JONATHAN MELCHAR (3596), born September 1, 1990.
- DOUGLAS LAWTON (2653), born May 29,1944
- JEFFREY LAWTON (2654), born August 14, 1946.
- SUSAN LAWTON (2655), born May 6,1951.
- KENNETH GILLETT (1428), of 29720 Old Bedford, Farmington, Michigan was born September 5,1921, at Jenison, Michigan. He attended Lee School. He married Lillian Johnson (2654) in 1958, at Detroit, Mich. They attend the Methodist Church He was a pharmacist mate 1st Class in the Navy for three and one-half years, during W.W.II. He is now in the Styling Division of General Motors
- RANDY GILLETT (3597),
- BARBARA (GILLETT) DEBOER (1429), of 19517 Blythe St., Resida, CA, was born October 21, 1922 at Jenison, MI. She attended Lee School, and married Charles DeBoer (2657) in 1939 at Grand Rapids. He is a crane operator at General Motors. She is in the Drapery Business. They attend Plymouth Congregational Church. They have three children.
- JOAN (DEBOER) MOLAG (2658), of Resida, CA, was born February 1941. She attended Kelloggsville School, Grand Rapids. She married Roger Molag (2659) at Grand Rapids. They have three children.
- SCOTT MOLAG (2660)
- TERRY MOLAG (2661)
- TOD MOLAG (3598), born July 23, 1964.
- CHARLES DE BOER, JR. (2599), born July 1, 1943.
- THOMAS LYNN DE BOER (3600), born April 18, 1947. Married Wendy Garworth (3601), 1969.
- JUNE (GILLETT) NOWLAND (1430), of 19523 Saticoy St., Resida, CA, was born June 7, 1925 at Jenison, MI. She attended Godfrey-Lee School. She married Monte R. Nowland (2662), March 9, 1945 at Grand Rapids, Mich. He is employed in the office of Riker Laboratories. She is an Electronic Tech at Litton Systems Inc. They have two children
- MONTE R. NOWLAND, JR (2663), born January 4, 1946. Married Kim (3602), January 4, 1946.
- ELISSA NOWLAND (3603),
- JASON NOWLAND (3604), born January 24, 1968.
- DENNIS SCOTT NOWLAND (2664), born August 23, 1947.
- ROBERT L. GILLETT (1431), of 4321 Henderschott Rd of Grand Rapids, was born August 23, 1927. He attended Godrfey-Lee, Jr. College, and Wayne University Law School. He married Ruth Crips (2665), October 22, 1947, at Grand Rapids. He was in the Navy in the South Pacific, W.W.II, for two years. He is an attorney. They have two children
- GAIL GILLE
TT (2666), born September 12, 1956.
- MARK FORREST GILLETT (2667), born July 29, 1959.
- ROGER GILLETT (1432), of 1700 N. Santa Anita, Arcadia, CA, was born January 16, 1936, at Grand Rapids, MI. He is a graduate of Godfrey-Lee. Roger is an architect. He is married ???????, Michigan. She attended Scottville High School and Kalamazoo College.
- HOWARD E. GILLETT (1411), of 4310 Barry St., Hudsonville, MI was born in Georgetown Township, November 26, 1891. He attended Canada Hill School. He was a Veteran of World War I., serving in the Machine Gun Corp., 14th Cavalry. He was a fireman in the city of Grand Rapids until his retirement. He is now a farmer. He married Clara Boldt (1433), September 11, 1920. He belongs to Georgetown Grange, Metropolitan Club-- Spirit #2. They have three children. Howard passed away July 1971. Clara passed away February 1987.
- CLAYTON H. GILLETT (1434), lives at 1629 Philadelphia Ave. SE, Grand Rapids, MI., was born October 16,1921. He attended Ottawa Hills Schools. He married Clarissa Dykstra (2668), June 20,1947 at Grand Rapids, MI. He is a Veteran of World War II. He is Supervisor at Western Electric. They have three children. Clayton passed away at age 51 on August 24, 1973. Buried in Graceland Memorial Park, Grand Rapids.
- VICTOR C. GILLETT (2669), born March 14, 1949.
- DENNIS LEE GILLETT (2670), born January 31, 1952. Married Kathleen Dinger (3605), July 29, 1972. She was born April 26, 1954 the daughter of Robert and Beatrice Dinger.
- SHEILA ANN GILLETT (3606), born May 21, 1974.
- KIRK ALLEN GILLETT (2671), born November 7,1959.
- ARLEEN (GILLETT) SMITH (1435), of Rt #4, Box 10, Boone N.C. was born March 17, 1924 at Grand Rapids, Mich. She attended Ottawa Hills, Grand Rapids. She married LeBrun N. Smith (2672), August 23, 1949 at Baton Rouge, LA. He is a Professor of Geology at State College, Boone, NC. He is also a surveyor. She is a housewife and Medical Technician. They have two children.
- MICHAEL LEBRUN SMITH (2673), born April 4, 1951.
- NANCY AUGUSTA SMITH (2674), born November 4, 1957.
- LEON E. GILLETT (1436), of 1124 Merritt St. SE, Grand Rapids, was born March 13, 1929 at Grand Rapids. He attended Ottawa Hills. He married Aurefia Ann Matteson (2675), December 31, 1948 at Grand Rapids, MI. He works for the Michigan Bell Telephone Co. P B.X. Repair. They have three children.
- RAYLEE (GILLETT) NELSON (2676), born January 26, 1951. Married Bruce Nelson (3607), in 1970.
- SARA LINDA NELSON (3608), born December 15, 1971
- BRAD CHRISTOPHER NELSON (3609), born April 29, 1975.
- KATHLEEN ANN GILLETT (2677), born April 8, 1956.
- MARY BETH GILLETT (2678), born May 11, 1960.
- MAUDE EDITH (GILLETT) LEATHERMAN (1412), of 41 32nd St., Grand Rapids, MI was born September 25, 1893 i
n Georgetown Township. She attended Canada Hill grade school and Grandville High School. She married M.H. Ford Leatherman (1437), December 23,1914, at Caledonia, MI. He is retired from the C&O Railroad. He was Committeeman for the Boy Scouts, for six years. They had five children. Ford passed away January 1971. Maude passed away at age 86, on August 1, 1980. Buried in Georgetown Cemetery.
- RICHARD E. LEATHERMAN, (1438) of 9660 Division Ave., S., R.R.#1, Byron Center, MI, was born September 12, 1915 in Gaines Township, Kent Co. He attended Godwin High School. He married Leona Leggett (2679), December 18, 1940 at Redeemer Lutheran Church in Grand Rapids. Richard served in the Navy during W.W. II, on the Destroyer U.S.S. Reno, which on the night of November 3, 1945 was struck by a Japanese torpedo, tearing a 20 by 60 foot hole, just missing an ammunition magazine. Many lives were lost as it hit the sleeping quarters. The Reno was towed 1500 miles to a base where it could be repaired. It had just been in the battle of Leyte Gulf, and was standing by with Task Force 38, in the Philippine Sea. Richard now works for the Consumers Power Company. They attend Redeemer Lutheran Church. They have three children. Richard died March 6, 1990.
- CHERILEE (LEATHERMAN) MC KAY (2680), born September 15, 1946. Married Jon McKay (3610), 1970.
- CHERIE RENEE MC KAY (3611), born August 15, 1970.
- RICHE ANN LEATHERMAN (2681), born November 29, 1953.
- LARRY FORD LEATHERMAN (2682), born July 16, 1957.
- WAYNE DONALD LEATHERMAN (1439), of 6728 Kalamazoo Ave., Grand Rapids, MI, was born January 5, 1917 at Georgetown Twp. He attended Godwin High School. On November 25, 1944 he married Maretta May Sutton (2683) at Lutheran Church in Grand Rapids. Wayne served during World War II for 3 1/2 years in the European Theatre of Operations. He drove over 100,000 miles in England over narrow, winding roads, delivering highly confidential papers, photographs, or driving high ranking officers to widely scattered bases without light for security. In spite of danger there were no accidents. Wayne now works at Ghillesphy Maintenance, Sales and Service. He is a bookkeeper. They have one child.
- DONNA LYNN (LEATHERMAN) PAPKE (2684), born July 28,1946. Married William Papke (3612), 1968.
- LORI ELIZABETH PAPKE (3613), born July 6, 1972.
- ARLO FORD LEATHERMAN (1
440) of 37 Frontenac SE, Grand Rapids, MI, was born March 20, 1919 at Georgetown Twp. He attended Godwin High School. He married Esther Leggett (2685), August 29, 1942 at Redeemer Lutheran Church in Grand Rapids. Arlo was a Veteran of World War II. He also worked with the Boy Scouts. He was employed at Clements Electric Co. and attended Redeemer Lutheran Church. They had two children. Arlo passed away March 13, 1987, buried in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Grand Rapids.
- MICHAEL DAVID LEATHERMAN (2686), born June 7,1946.
- TIMOTHY ARLO LEATHERMAN (2687), born January 19, 1949.
- ROSWEL A. LEATHERMAN (1441), of 218 North Brooks St., Muskegon, MI, was born January 13,1922 in Gaines Twp., Kent Co. He attended Godwin High School
. On February 14, 1946, he married Beverly Coverly (2688) at Redeemer Lutheran Church. Roswel was in the U.S. Marines 1st Division, 81 St M M Mortar Unit during World War II. He participated in battles at Guadalcanal, Cape Clouchester, New Britan and Reletiu. At present is a driver for Wolverine Express in Muskegon. They have seven children.
- SHARON KAY (LEATHERMAN) WENTLAND (2689), born September 18, 1946. Married James Wentland (3614) February 6, 1965
- JOHN PAUL WENTLAND (3615), born December 20, 1965.
- TODD ERIC WENTLAND (3616), born March 3, 1967.
- STEVEN JAMES WENTLAND (3617), born November 15, 1968.
- DAVID SCOTT WENTLAND (3618), born June 4, 1970.
- CARRIE LYNNE WENTLAND (3619), born April 6, 1972.
- NANCY LEE LEATHERMAN (2690), born July 29, 1948.
- ROLAND FORD LEATHERMAN (2691), born October 24, 1950.
- LINDA JOYCE (LEATHERMAN) SHERMAN (2692), born April 5, 1952. Married Fred Sherman (3620), 1968.
- MICHELLE SHERMAN (3621), born February 10, 1969.
- ROBERT ALLEN SHERMAN (3622), born September 9, 1970.
- CHRISTINE ANN SHERMAN (3623), born October 24, 1971.
- BRUCE AARON LEATHERMAN (2693), born October 22, 1953.
- DAN ERIC LEATHERMAN (2694), born October 29, 1956.
- PAUL RYAN LEATHERMAN (2695), born November 12, 1960.
- LOTS MARJORIE (LEATHERMAN) (JOHNSON) (TIGCHELAAR) PERRY (1442), of 7125 Noffke Dr., Caledonia, MI, was born November 20, 1926, in Paris Twp., Kent Co. She graduated from Godwin High School. January 1947 she married Lyle Johnson (2696) at Redeemer Lutheran Church in Grand Rapids. They had one child. They were divorced, and Lois married William Tigchelaar (2698) in February 1956. H
e works at the Tigchelaar Construction Co. and she at Lear Inc. They attend Redeemer Lutheran Church. Third marriage to Charles Perry (3624), 1964
- RENEE SUE JOHNSON (2697), born April 4, 1950
- GRACE (GILLETT) VELDMAN (1413), of 4211 Port Sheldon Rd., Hudsonville, MI is the fifth child of Gertrude and Elmer Gillett. She was born March 19,1895 in Georgetown Twp. and attended Canada Hill School. She married George Veldman (1443) January 18, 1914 at Georgetown, MI. He is a farmer and she a housewife. They attend Hudsonville Reformed Church. They have ten children. George passed away April 28, 1964. Grace passed away October 20, 1979 at age 84. Both are buried in the Georgetown Cemetery.
- DOROTHY (VELDMAN) ALWARD (1444), of Port Sheldon Rd., Hudsonville, Mi, was born May 21, 1914 at Georgetown, MI. She attended Canada Hill, Chrysler and Alward grade schools and Hudsonville High School. She married Austin Alward (2699), February 10, 1939. He is a farmer and substitute mail carrier. They attend the Hudsonville Reformed Church, and she is a member of an Extension and Mother's Club.
They have four children.
- ROBERT ALLEN ALWARD (2700), is the first child of Austin and Dorothy Alward and was born January 11, 1940, at Georgetown. He attended Alward grade school and Hudsonville High School. Robert is a bricklayer by trade. On March 6, 1962 he married Ruth Lapp (2704) and lives in Wyoming, ML
- ROBIN RUTH ALWARD (3625), born September 5, 1963.
- ROBERT ALWARD, JR (3626), born March 9, 1967.
- RENEE ALWARD (3627), born October 23, 1969.
- WANDA LEA (ALWARD) MUDGET (2701), born September 26, 1942. Married Michael Mudget (3628), June 26, 1970
- JILL MUDGET (3629), born April 14, 1971
- JAMES AUSTIN MUDGET (3630), born April 17, 1974.
- WARREN DALE ALWARD (2702), born May 7,1944. Married February 22,1975 to Blaine Soya Ulrich (3631), born October 29, 1944.
- WENDY ULRICH (3632), born April 19, 1970.
- WARREN ULRICH (3633), born December 3, 1971.
- GREGGORY SCOTT ALWARD (2703), born December 26,1950. Married Ellen Cobb (3634), June 24, 1964.
- HERMAN VELDMAN (1445), of Hudsonville, MI was born February 26, 1917 at Georgetown. He married Floy Alward (2705), September 20, 1940 at Georgetown. He attended the Canada Hill and Alward Schools. Herman works at the Edson Meat Packing Co. They attend Hudsonville Congregational Church. They have three children. Herman passed away November 29, 1990. Floy passed away April 17, 1991.
- BARBARA (VELDMAN) HUYSER (2706), born December 7, 1941. Married James Huyser (3635), 1972.
- MATTHEW HUYSER (3636), born June 19, 1967.
- WARD VELDMAN (2707), born January 2,
1943. Married Marcia Horrigan (3637), 1968.
- CONNIE LEA (VELDMAN) VAN BEEK (2708), born June 19, 1946. Married James Dale VanBeek (3638), April 20, 1965.
- ROSS VAN BEEK (3639), born August 30, 1966.
- JEFF VAN BEEK (3640), born January 24, 1968.
- RYAN VAN BEEK (3641), born 1971.
- WILLIS H. VELDMAN (1446), of Port Sheldon Rd., Hudsonville, Ml, was born June 27, 1919 in Georgetown. He attended the Alward School. On June 27,1939, he married Hazel Ringerwole (2709) in Georgetown. They attend the Congregational Church. Willis was a partnership owner of the Wedgewood Inn at Grandville. They have four children. Willis passed away November 3, 1979 at age 60, buried in Georgetown Cemetery.
- BEATRICE (VELDMAN) BRANDT (2710), was born December 21, 1940 at Hudsonville. She graduated from Hudsonville High School. On November 1, 1958 she married Ronald Brandt (2714) at Hudsonville. He works at the Hart Cooley Corp. S
he is a housewife. They have three children.
- ROGER BRANDT (2715) born April 26, 1959.
- JACK A. BRANDT (2716), born April 23, 1961.
- LINDA BRANDT (3642), born April 23, 1965.
- KAREN KAY (VELDMAN) WIERENGA (2711), born December 31, 1943. Married Thomas Lee Wierenga (3033), January 31, 1964.
- TAMARA WIERENGA (3643), born December 17, 1966.
- SANDY L. (VELDMAN) COSTEN (2712), born March 15, 1947. Married Bruce Costen (3644), 1966.
- RONDA COSTEN (3645), born September 20, 1966
- RICK COSTEN (3636), born October 1, 1969.
- BRUCE VELDMAN (2713), born December 23, 1952.
- EDITH (VELDMAN) BUTLER (1447), of 22 Batavia PI NE, Grand Rapids, M1, was born November 27, 1920 at Hudsonville, MI. She attended Alward and Hudsonville Schools. On June 10, 1940 she married Robert J. Butler (2717). They are both in the drapery business. They attend the Christian Reformed Church. Seven children were born to this union. Edith passed away September 29, 1981 at age 60, buried in Georgetown Cemetery.
- PATRICIA ANN (BUTLER) TIGELAAR (2718), of Hudsonville, was born March 13, 1937 at Hudsonville. Attended schools in Grand Rapids and graduated from Hudsonville High School. She married Harrison Tigelaar (2725), June 21, 1958 at Hudsonville. He is a produce transporter. They attend Hudsonville Reformed Church. They have two children.
- BRENDA SUE TIGELAAR (2726), born April 30, 1959.
- WADE J. TIGELAAR (2727), born May 24, 1960.
- JOYCE (BUTLER) (TURNES) WARNER (2719), of 749 E. Fulton St, Grand Rapids, MI was born March 1, 1940 at Grand Rapids. She married Donald C. Turnes (2728) March 6,1956, at Grand Rapids. He is with the North Central Airlines. They have four children all born at Grand Rapids, MI. Remarried Donald Warner (3648), 1969.
- DONALD J. TURNES (2729), born 1956.
- WILLIAM P. TURNES (2730), born November 23, 1957.
- SHERRY LYNN TURNES (2731), born April 1959.
- RANDALL TURNES (3647), born March 7, 1967.
- PAULA WARNER, born January 25, 1970.
- SHIRLEY (BUTLER) HUDDLESTON (2720), was born August 20,1941 at Grand Rapids, MI. She was married to William Huddleston (2732), February 1958 at Grand Rapids, MI. He is a mechanic. They have six children.
- DENISE KAY HUDDLESTON (2733), born. November 1959.
- MARJORIE HUDDLESTON (2734), born August 1960.
- LORIE HUDDLESTON (2735), born October 23, 1961.
- WILLIAM JOSEPH HUDDLESTON, JR (3650), born April 22, 1963.
- JOSEPH JAMES HUDDLESTON (3651), born May 28, 1964
- TERRY HUDDLESTON (3652), born July 14, 1965.
- ILEEN (BUTLER) KRAMER (2721), was born December 31, 1942, at Grand Rapids, MI. She married Dick Kramer (2736), October 23, 1959. He is a Michigan Bakery Maintenance Man. They have two children.
- RICHARD G. KRAMER (2737), born April 13, 1960.
- ROBERT JAMES KRAMER (3653), born July 6, 1963.
- JACQUELINE JUNE (BUTLER) LOWELL (2722), born May 26, 1944. Jacqueline married James Lowell (3832).
- DAVID LOWELL (3833), born January 7, 1964.
- ANGELA LOWELL (3834), born August 22, 1965
- MELISSA LOWELL (3835), born April 3, 1968.
- NORMA LEE (BUTLER) BOGUS (2723), was born July 16,1945. She married Richard Bogue (2738), July 23, 1961. They have three children.
- KARRY ALLEN BOGUS (2739), born February 6,1962.
- PAMELA SUE BOGUS (3654), born January 3, 1963.
- TIMOTHY BOGUS (3836), born February 15, 1969.
- LOIS SUSANNE (BUTLER) ENTER (2724), born April 19,1950. Lois married James Enter (3837) in 1967.
- JAMES ENTER, JR (3838) born August 20, 1968.
- GEORGE VELDMAN JR. (1448), of 531 Huizenga St., Zeeland, MI, was born November 3, 1922 at Hudsonville, MI. He attended Alward and Hudsonville Schools. On June 25, 1949, he married Janet Marie Meeuwsen (2740) at Zeeland. He works at Edson's Meat Packing Co. They attend the First Reformed Church at Zeeland, MI. He served in the Blackhawk, 86th Divison during World War II. They have two children. Janet passed away January 1986, buried in Zeeland.
- BEVERLY VELDMAN (2741), born June 3, 1950.
- NANCY VELDMAN (2742), born June 5, 1952.
- DIXIE J. (VELDMAN) MEYER (1449), of Hudsonville, Mi was born October 22, 1924 in Georgetown. She attended Alward and Hudsonville Schools. On June 21,1946 she married Harry A. Meyer (2743). He is employed by the Spe-D-Gas Co. of Hudsonville. They attend the Hudsonville Reformed Church. They have five children. Harry passed away December 25, 1987, buried in the Georgetown Cemetery.
- TOM L. MEYER (2744), born January 5, 1951.
- TIM A. MEYER (2745), born July 28, 1955.
- TERRY B. MEYER (2746), born July 28, 1955, twin to Tim.
- TODD J. MEYER (2747), born October 28, 1960.
- TED MEYER (2835), born October 24, 1962.
- HENRIETTA F (VELDMAN) DYKE (1450), of Hudsonville, was born June 7, 1927. She attended Alward School. On October 16, 1946, she married Dick Dyke (2748) at Hudsonville. They attend the Christian Reformed Church. He is a farmer. They have three children.
- LARRY DYKE (2749), born Februa
ry 19, 1948. Married Judy Vort (3655), December 12, 1968.
- KEVIN DYKE (3656), born May 29, 1970
- MICHAEL TODD DYKE (3657), born August 5, 1972.
- MARK RYAN DYKE (3658), born August 16, 1975.
- GARY DYKE (2750), born February 9,195 1. Married Nov 1972.
- DOUGLAS DYKE (2751), born May 11, 1959.
- GERALD LEE VELDMAN (1451), of Hudsonville was born October 16, 1929. He attended Alward and Hudsonville High School. December 11, 1954 he married Thressa J. DeYoung (2752) at Hudsonville. He is employed by the Hudsonville Dairy. Gerald served two years in the Korean War. They attend the Hudsonville Reformed Church and have four children
- KATHY JO VELDMAN (2753), born October 28, 1955.
- LINDA RAE VELDMAN (2754), born December 14, 1956.
- JAMES VELDMAN (2836), born August 27, 1961.
- SHERYL VELDMAN (2837), born August 25, 1962.
- IRWIN VELDMAN (3839), born December 9,1965.
- DONNA VELDMAN (3840), born December 21, 1966.
- EARL L. VELDMAN (1452) of Port Sheldon Rd. Hudsonville, was born October 4,1932. He attended Alward and Hudsonville High School. Also served two years in the Armed Forces. On June 12, 1959 he married Cornelia Naglekirk (2755) at Hudsonville, MI. He is employed by the Mead Johnson Dairy. They attend the Hudsonville Reformed Church. They have three children
- DAVID VELDMAN (2756), born February 12, 1960.
- DUANE VELDMAN (2757), born January 14,1961.
- NORMAN JAY VELDMAN (3659), born February 19, 1964.
- MYRTLE L. (VELDMAN) HUIZENGA (1453), of Hudsonville was born June 26, 1935. She attended Alward and Hudsonville High School. She married Gerrit Huizenga (2758), September 21, 1956 at H
udsonville. He is a painter. They attend Hudsonville Reformed Church. They have three children.
- STEVEN J. HUIZENGA (2759), born July 13, 1957.
- M ICHAEL ALLEN HUIZENGA (2760), born July 11, 1959.
- PAUL G. HUIZENGA (3660), born March 26, 1964.
- CARL L. GILLETT (1414), of 307 16th St. N. Great Falls, Montana, was born December 4, 1896 at Hudsonville, Ml. He married Dorlis R. Alexander (1454) at Fort Benton, Montana, June 23, 1935. He is a merchant, belongs to the Shrine, Masons, and was a Veteran of World War I. His wife is a nurse. They have two daughters. Carl passed away August 1, 1970, buried Great Falls, Montana.
- CARLENE DORLIS (GILLETT) GRERA (1455), of 74146th St., S. Great Falls, Montana, was born August 17, 1936 at Great Falls, Mont. She married Donald L. Grera (2761), May 29, 1953 at Fort Benton, Montana. He is a building contractor. They attend the Catholic Church and have four children.
- CARLA JEAN GRERA (2762), born January 3, 1954.
DEBRA LEE GRERA (2763), born February 18, 1955.
- CHERYL ANN GRERA (2764), born July 23, 1958.
- DOUGLAS GRERA (3841), born October 20, 1964.
- SHIRLEY JEAN (GILLETT) COLGAN (1456), was born January 27, 1939 at Great Falls, Montana. She married Daniel L. Colgan (2765), September 12, 1959. He is a student in Forrestry at Missoula, Montana She is a Secretary, graduated from Catholic High School. They have two children.
- RICK DANIEL COLGAN (2766), born June 14, 1960.
- TERRI COLGAN (3842), born July 16, 1963.
- GEORGE D. GILLETT (1415), of 4445 Baldwin Dr. Hudsonville, MI, was born March 21, 1898 in Georgetown. He attended Canada Hill School. On June 7, 1922, he married Florence Ulberg in Georgetown. He is a Metal Finisher at Reynolds Metals. They belong to the Extension Club. They have three children. George passed away September 4, 1975 at age 77, Florence passed away January 7, 1977 at age 74, and both are buried in Georgetown Cemetery.
- DALE E. GILLETT (1458), of 3695 Kipling, Berkley, M., was born May 22,1927 at Grand Rapids, MI. He attended Canada Hill grade school and graduated from Junior College, and Michigan State University. Dale is a veteran of World War II. In June 1953 he married Esther June Roth (2767) at Hudsonville, MI. They attend the Presbyterian Church. He does insurance adjusting and accounting for General Motors. They have four children.
- CINDY ANN GILLETT (2768), born June 16, 1954.
- MARY BETH GILLETT (2769), born July 10, 1957, at Houston TX. Mary Beth met with an accidental death, July 1, 1961.
- LINDA RUTH GILLETT (2770), born September 16, 1959.
- ELIZABETH DALE GILLETT (3032), born April 25, 1963.
- DONALD G. GILLETT (1459), of 1117 N. Hayford St., Lansing, MI was born May 14,1930 at Grand Rapids, MI. He attended Canada Hill School, Hudsonville High School, Hope College and Michigan State University. On May 3, 1952 he married Phyllis Zwagerman (2771) at Hudsonville. Donald is a Korean War Veteran with two years service. He is in the Department of Agriculture for the State of Michigan. They have three children.
- LORNA SUE GILLETT (2772), born December 16, 1953.
- SANDRA RAE GILLETT (2773), born June 23, 1957.
- BRIAN DONALD GILLETT (2774), born February 18, 1960.
- MARILYN (GILLETT) MARVIN (1460), born January 1, 1934 at Georgetown Married Larry Marvin (3661), October 19, 1969.
- ADA MARIE (GILLETT) ROBERTSON (1416), of 421 N. Cullen Ave., Glendora, CA, was born January 29, 1900 at Georgetown, MI. She graduated from Hudsonville High School and Nurses" Training School at Goshen and Indianapolis, Indiana. On December 30,1925, she married Douglas Earl Robertson (1461) at Hudsonville, MI. She is a member of Glendora Christian Church and Glendora Coordinating council League for Nursing. Ada is a Registered and Visiting Nurse in Glendora. She is divorced. They had four children.
- DAVID JUSTIN ROBERTSO
N (1462), of 124 Manistee Lane East Islip, Long Island, New York, was born August 20, 1927 at St. Clair, MI. He attended the George Washington University at Washington D.C. On March 26, 1951 he was married to Helen Patricia Cullen (2775) at Washington D.C. David is a Public Accountant. He belongs to the Country Village Civic Ass'n, the St Mary's Holy Name Society, the American Institute of C.P.A.'s and the N.Y. State Society of C.P.A.'s, and also is Suffolk County Councilor for Boy Scouts of America. He also served three years during World War 11 in the Philippine area. They have one child.
- MICHAEL DAVID ROBERTSON (2776), born April 6, 1953.
- DUANE EUGENE ROBERTSON (1463), of 7332 Almond Ave., Orangeville, CA, was born August 12, 1929 at Hudsonville, MI. He attended school at Farmington, MI, Goshen Indiana High School, Monrovia California High School and Junior College at Sacremento, CA. On June 17,1950, he married Isabelle Delfosse (2777) at Arcadia, CA. He is employed by the Aerojet Corp. at Orangeville CA. They belong to the Catholic Church, and have five children.
- KIM GREGORY ROBERTSON (2778), born September 20, 1951.
- JEFFRY ALLEN ROBERTSON (2779), born December 4, 1952.
- PENNY LYNN ROBERTSON (2780), born December 18, 1953.
- PAMELA ANN ROBERTSON (2781), born April 29, 1955.
- KERRY ROBERTSON (2782), born December 17, 1957.
- KING GILLETT ROBERTSON (1464), of 3840 Elmhurst Place, Boulder, CO, was born January 7,1933 at Detroit, MI. He attended the Army and Navy Academy at Carlsbad, CA, the Colorado School of Mines at Colden CO. His wife is the former Doris Louise Jager (2783), of Kalamazoo, MI whom he married August 1, 1957 at Golden, CO. She is a housewife and teacher. He is a Metallurgist with the Coors Porcelain Co. He was in the Signal Corp during the Korean War. They belong to the Presbyterian Church, the Choir and the Young Married Couples Club.
- JACQUELINE SUE ROBERTSON (2786), (adopted) born March 15, 1956
- JEAN ELLEN ROBERTSON (2784), born October 24, 1959.
- BRUCE DOUGLAS ROBERTSON (2785), born July 14, 1961.
- ANN LOUISE ROBERTSON (3843) born March 5, 1968.
- DEAN SCOTT ROBERTSON (1465), was born at Hudsonville, MI August 28, 1937. He was in the Army stationed at Treasure Island, San Diego, CA. Married Judy Farran (3844) of Cedar Rapids, Iowa in 1967.
- WENDY ROBERTSON (3845), born August 28, 1968.
- MARION GILLETT (1417), of 40th St. Hudsonville, MI was born February 17,1903. He attended Canada Hill and Hudsonville Schools. He married Verla King (1466) in 1929. They had three children, they were divorced and he married Hazel Nibbilink (1470), April 23, 1941. For years he was Superintendent at the Grand Rapids Creamery Co. They attend the Congregational Church. Marion passed away June 10, 1967, buried in the Georgetown Cemetery.
- RUSSELL K. GILLETT (1467), of 3759 Balsum NE Grand Rapids, MI, was born January 30, 1930 at Allendale, Illinois
, He attended Union Elementary and graduated from Comstock Park High School and Davenport Institute of Grand Rapids. His wife is the former Beverly Bohn (2787) whom he married, March 14, 1952. For three years he served in the U.S. Coast Guard They attend Trinity Congregational Church. He is employed by the Michigan National Bank in the Mortgage Dept. They have six children.
- DAWN LOUISE GILLETT (2788), born April 10, 1953.
- KIM ELLIOT GILLETT (2789), born October 7, 1954.
- RENEE ANN GILLETT (2790), born March 30, 1956.
- BETH HAZEL GILLETT (2791), born September 26, 1957.
- LANE RUSSELL GILLETT (2792), born October 2, 1959.
- HOLLE MARIE GILLETT (2793), born January 12, 1961.
- BETTY (GILLETT) WEBBER (1468), was born January 2, 1933. She graduated from Union High School. In 1955, she married Douglas Webber (2794) at Grand Rapids, MI. He is a General Electric Missile Tech. They live in California where they attend the Methodist Church. They have five children.
- SUSAN G. WEBBER (2795), born January 23, 1957.
- STEPHEN WEBBER (2796), born February 17, 1958.
- CRAIG WEBBER (2797), born June 1959.
- THOMAS WEBBER (2798), born August 1960.
- SHARI LYNN WEBBER born May 24, 1964.
- CAROL ANN (GILLETT) ARNOLD (1469), was born October 1939 at Grand Rapids, MI. From childhood she has lived in the west, with her present address, 9125 N.E. Sandy Blvd., Portland 21, Oregon. Married Jerry Arnold (3663), September 4, 1965 of Bend Oregon.
- BRUCE ANDREW ARNOLD (3664), born October 27,1966.
- BARBARA JEAN ARNOLD (3665), born April 11, 1968
- MARY (GILLETT) FRY (1418), of 1908 Blandford Ave., SW, Grand Rapids, MI, was born May 25,1907 at Georgetown, MI. She attended Canada Hill, Hudsonville High School and graduated from Western Michigan University with an AB degree. Her husband is Lloyd C. Fry (1471) whom she married in 19
29 in Indiana. He is Superintendent of Lee and Godfrey Schools. She is a teacher. They attend the Congregational Church, and are members of the Rotary Club and Rotary Anus and also the M.E.A. They have three children. Lloyd passed....????
- HOMER C. FRY (1472), of 1525 Paulson Rd., Muskegon, MI, was born July 14, 1930 at Hudsonville, MI He graduated from Lee High School and Western Michigan University with a Master's Degree. On September 6, 1950, he married Marilyn Hoek (2799) at Grand Rapids, MI. He is a teacher, and belongs to the Congregational Church and also the M.E.A. They have one child
- SHARON FRY (2800), born April 4,1951.
- CARL FRY (1473), of 28646 Leona, Garden City, MI, was born October 19, 1932 at Stevensville, MI. He attended Lee High School, Junior College and Michigan State University. His wife is the former Delores May Cooley (2801) whom he married October 25, 1952, at Bremerton, Washington. For 2 1/2 years he served in the Navy. He is employed as an Ornamental Iron Erector
. They attend the Catholic Church and have four children.
- MICHAEL FRY (2802), born November 12, 1953.
- PATRICK FRY (2803), born August 16, 1955.
- TERRY FRY (2804), born January 18, 1957.
- TIMMY FRY (2805), born January 1, 1958.
- MICHELE FRY (3847) born February 10, 1961.
- KEITH FRY (1474), of 101 Capitol Dr., Midland, MI, born May 21, 1934 at White Cloud, MI. He attended Lee High School and has his Master's Degree from Michigan State University. His wife is the former Mary Lou Brown (2806), whom he married September 3, 1955 at Grand Rapids, MI. They attend the Catholic Church. For two years he served in the Army. He is now a Chemical Engineer in the Research Field. They have three children.
- JEFFERY FRY (2807), born May 21, 1956.
- JUDY FRY (2808), born August 30, 1957.
- KEVIN FRY (2809), born June 8, 1960.
This Completes The Life Of Mary (Lowing) Bosworth And All Her Known Descendants